lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-11-2016, 05:18 PM   #21
pianogirl
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Installed high speed magnet now hitting 23mph

I have (6) 8 volt Crown Deep Cycle batteries (less than one year old). I have watched a video of a speed magnet being installed on a club car. I assume installation would be about the same on an EZGO. Is this the same magnet that I see on Ebay, Amazon, and Buggies Unlimited? I want to make sure that I order the right one. Thanks for all your help.
pianogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-11-2016, 05:26 PM   #22
pianogirl
Not Yet Wild

I just re-read your post and realized you said "cables" may be 6 volt. Sorry. Would I have to change out the cables as well? I wouldn't want to do anything to damage anything electrically.
Old 05-11-2016, 08:02 PM   #23
pianogirl
Not Yet Wild

I'm not sure what size cables they are. I can take a pic of them if that will help. Did you use the round magnet by placing it on the end of the motor? (saw video on club car installation) They are like $10? I also saw one that had a cable plug attached.
Old 05-11-2016, 08:33 PM   #24
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianogirl View Post
I'm not sure what size cables they are. I can take a pic of them if that will help. Did you use the round magnet by placing it on the end of the motor? (saw video on club car installation) They are like $10? I also saw one that had a cable plug attached.
Slow down.... Your cart likely has 6 gauge cables (not volts) to which many owners switch out to 4 gauge cables and some even go to 2 gauge cables..

6 gauge is about as big around as a fat pencil
4 gauge is about as big around as a Sharpie
2 gauge is about as big around as a Magic Marker....
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 08:21 AM   #25
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianogirl View Post
I have (6) 8 volt Crown Deep Cycle batteries (less than one year old). I have watched a video of a speed magnet being installed on a club car. I assume installation would be about the same on an EZGO. Is this the same magnet that I see on Ebay, Amazon, and Buggies Unlimited? I want to make sure that I order the right one. Thanks for all your help.
According to the respective parts manuals a 36V PDS motor and a 48V "PDS" motor both use the same magnet disk, P/N 73328G01. Therefore, if you find one listed for a EZGO PDS, it ought to fit.

HOWEVER!!!!!! I'm not sure how much of a speed increase you will get from changing to a magnet disk with fewer pairs of poles, or what the extent of the unintended consequences will be. (Motor RPM data is used for more than just limiting the cart's top speed.)

Your cart's stock controller (Curtis 1206HB), limits the motor to about 4400RPM, which is about 19MPH with stock height (18") tires and you are getting 22MPH, so you have tires that are about 20.5" tall on your cart. That tire height is costing you about 11% of the torque the motor produces, so your cart does not accelerate as rapidly as it did with stock height tires and slows down more going uphill.

If you want to get the maximum performance and speed from your stock motor, replace the stock controller with an Alltrax XCT-48400-TXT-48 controller, which allows you to select the RPM limit up to 8000RPM, which is well above the RPM you stock motor can spin at with 48V applied.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO