lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-20-2016, 09:37 PM   #21
Stone
Gone Wild

Default Re: For deep thinkers only

Quote:
Originally Posted by sccowboy View Post
After looking back at those threads, if the rpms stay up on the long hill, I bet the sheaves are worn out and it's slipping.
I will know for sure next Friday. I think I am reaching the conclusion that it's a combination of big tires, low compression, and weak driven clutch.

But since it does everything else fine I am really just trying to get the best I can get.
Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-20-2016, 09:42 PM   #22
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

The tires Imho aren't overly large (I have 25s) but the compression and worn clutch could be working just well enough for flat ground or short hulls but when placed under a decent load failing on you. I think you are on the right track. Good luck
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 08:00 AM   #23
Stone
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sccowboy View Post
After looking back at those threads, if the rpms stay up on the long hill, I bet the sheaves are worn out and it's slipping.
I wish I could answer the RPM thing but I just didn't pay attention to that because the majority of use is in the woods and on rolling hills. If I had to guess froim memory, I would say the fact that the sheave is weak and the belt is down inside it too far, that combined with the big tires I am just not getting an acceptable gear ratio to pull long steep hills.

I will know Friday.
Old 05-21-2016, 11:21 AM   #24
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Agreed
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 12:26 PM   #25
Stone
Gone Wild

I appreciate everyone's thoughts and input! Too bad we can't chat about this stuff around a fire with a beer and solve all the world's buggy problems:)
Old 05-21-2016, 01:25 PM   #26
racin161
Gone Wild

Someone said BEER !!!! I'm in

LOU
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 09:13 AM   #27
Steelerboy27
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I would think that since speed isn't and issue, a power spring in your driven clutch should help with your torque issue.... I put one in a driven I had from a 91 Marathon and that thing is all torque, too much for me actually, replaced it with a 28 degree.
Steelerboy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 10:00 AM   #28
Stone
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerboy27 View Post
I would think that since speed isn't and issue, a power spring in your driven clutch should help with your torque issue.... I put one in a driven I had from a 91 Marathon and that thing is all torque, too much for me actually, replaced it with a 28 degree.
PM sent

GO STEELERS!
Old 05-31-2016, 03:33 PM   #29
Stone
Gone Wild

Latest update!

I got the cart to the cabin and watched the clutches as we crawled up the long steep hill.

1. The RPM's stayed up
2. The clutches worked fine
3. The driven clutch sheave is weak and allowing the belt to drop down 1/4" but I don't thank that could be the problem.
4. I think I'll live with it until I can get a beefier driven clutch and rebuild the motor.

THANKS FOR ALL THE DISCUSSION!
Old 04-03-2017, 11:09 PM   #30
Micjmmy
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I'm having a very similar problem. What belt did you end up going with that solved your problems?

I've got an 87 Marathon that is already running a 3004 belt, but the low end is pretty pathetic... looking for a solution!
Micjmmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO