lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-04-2017, 07:28 AM   #31
Stone
Gone Wild

Default Re: For deep thinkers only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micjmmy View Post
I'm having a very similar problem. What belt did you end up going with that solved your problems?

I've got an 87 Marathon that is already running a 3004 belt, but the low end is pretty pathetic... looking for a solution!
I put a new driven clutch on and it is a lot better! My old clutch was just so weak that it spread open, when there was a load on it, which was like pulling a hill in third gear.
Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-10-2018, 06:23 AM   #32
Stone
Gone Wild

Default Re: For deep thinkers only

Okay, another level of deep discussion.

Now that Izzy is working better after the new driven clutch, I'd like to see if I can get a little more performance on steep hills. I know if I put a slightly wider belt on it will help with the gear ratio but I hate to make it a complete guess at $50 a pop. I know I will also need a slightly longer belt as well because wider is going to make the belt tighter and the starter generator motor will try to move the cart before the engine fires.

So the question is....has anyone played with this and what are the best guesses as to how long and how wide? The original is 45 X 1 3/16, my guess is that I can only go a max of 3/8" wider or the belt may not set down in the driven clutch. so I could go a lot longer and I would only lose top end speed which I don't care about.

Maybe 46 1/2 X 1 7/16?
Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO