lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-29-2018, 05:07 PM   #11
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Low Compression after valve adjustment

If I was you I'd pull the clutch and time it by the manual before rebuild I know you marked the cam pulley and belt but with belt sagging it very well could have jumped a cog when you went back together and that would affect your compression
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-29-2018, 05:09 PM   #12
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Also how did the cylinders look any scoring?
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 05:22 PM   #13
Mbodd42
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicyunicorn View Post
Also how did the cylinders look any scoring?
Thanks for the advice. I’ll do that first. It is hesitating off and on going downhill or at full speed. I hope you’re right.

I’m a newbie so unfortunately I didn’t think to look closely at the cyclinders for scoring. I did take pictures with the cylinders exposed. I’ll check them to see if I see anything.
Mbodd42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 07:48 PM   #14
Mbodd42
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Pulled the clutch (that was fun) and replaced the timing belt. I believe I aligned the marks on both the top and bottom pulley correctly. The hesitation that was occurring while on downhill slopes is gone and the cart has more power. Double checked lash. Haven’t checked compression yet as I have just been thrilled to have sufficiently power at this point.

Now the cart starts up just fine and takes off, however, after warming up the cart has issues taking off after a complete stop. It acts almost as if the intake valve needed adjustment. Could this be a sign of the timing being slightly off? Any other ideas? We live in a cart community but have to cross a road to get to the paths. Can’t afford for takeoff issues at the wrong time!
Mbodd42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas, low compression, valves
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO