lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-18-2018, 02:11 PM   #1
RE1962
Not Yet Wild

Default 2004 txt gas and hills

Hello, as many of you know I am new to carting and bought a used 2004 TXT gas. I was at a sporting clay course yesterday and going up a long hill the cart went to very low RPM's but made it up the hill fine. The belt may have slipped a little but not a bunch of noise. I added a passenger 200 to 250 pounds and could not make it back up the hill. The belt was slipping and I had to be pushed.

Would you replace the belt first? It looks fine but you cant see if it is stretched.

I also saw in a thread below that there are clutch modifications that will take care of this.
RE1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-31-2018, 03:17 PM   #2
RE1962
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2004 txt gas and hills

okay, I changed the drive belt and the old one was stretched out. Now when I take off it seems bogged down just for a second and then takes off. Is this normal? Also if I take off hard I can hear it slip but it sounds like chirping the tires. Thoughts anyone?
Old 03-31-2018, 03:21 PM   #3
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Put the cart in nueatral and run it wide open and watch the clutches the belt should move to the top of the primary and sink to the bottom of secondary clutch smoothly usually chirping the tires happens when the primary slams shut and is hard power train
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 05:31 PM   #4
RE1962
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, Spicyunicorn,

I am learning a lot about them. I bought this one to shoot sporting clays and use at my hunting lease. I knew that noise was not good I will run it tomorrow and look at the clutches. Would you think the primary needs rebuilding if possible?

If I need to rebuild I might look at a heavy duty clutch, and will be asking questions about that.

I hope it warms in Iowa soon. I spend a lot of time in Cedar Rapids area visiting in-laws. I know that NWI is completely different from Cedar Rapids area.
Old 03-31-2018, 08:13 PM   #5
Skoal82
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I had a 96 txt doing the same. Belt chirping a little, not making it up hills.
Bought a new drive belt and 28* driven clutch.
Now it will go up any hill it can keep traction on and spin the tires in the mud and snow.
Skoal82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO