lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-13-2014, 01:24 PM   #21
sowilliams
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: OK, i do want more speed

Good point. I'll try her out tonight and report back.
sowilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-14-2014, 08:26 AM   #22
sowilliams
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Tried her out last night a hit 30MPH right off the bat. Pretty quickly went back to a max of about 28 though. I'm thinking I just need to get the batteries broken in good. Still really happy with the upgrade to 48volts and Scotty's SPM controller!
Old 05-14-2014, 09:01 AM   #23
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

I see you have DVM battery meter listed in in Sig Block.
Try correlating pack voltage with max speed reached.

I know my motor and 500A controller will suck the pack voltage down considerably with hard acceleration and it takes a while to recover and I'm running seven 245AH 6V batteries while you are running six 170AH 8V batteries.

Straight and level roads are rare in my neck of the woods, but I found one almost 1/8 mile long with a gentle downward slope leading into it. I slowly accelerate to about 25 MPH on the slope and floor it just before I reach the level stretch. I consider my cart's top speed is the max speed it is maintaining towards the end of the level stretch.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 06:38 AM   #24
DaveTM
Gone Wild

JohnnieB.....I've been to West Virginia.....I first started going there when the drinking age was 18, so that tells you how old I am. We use to pile a bunch of 18 year old's (yeah...sure, we all had Pa. drivers license that said we were 18. You could buy blank one's then for $10. Or that was the rumor....) and make the drive from near Pittsburgh to a few local establishments...play pool until closing time....and drive home. Try that today.

Back on post.....I find it almost unfathomable that you have actually found a pice of paved road in your State that is 1/8 mile long and flat. Really? You have to give me Lat & Long. I'm not really sure if anything is flat....unless it came from Federal highway funds. :)

Dave
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 07:38 AM   #25
sowilliams
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
I see you have DVM battery meter listed in in Sig Block.
Try correlating pack voltage with max speed reached.

I know my motor and 500A controller will suck the pack voltage down considerably with hard acceleration and it takes a while to recover and I'm running seven 245AH 6V batteries while you are running six 170AH 8V batteries.

Straight and level roads are rare in my neck of the woods, but I found one almost 1/8 mile long with a gentle downward slope leading into it. I slowly accelerate to about 25 MPH on the slope and floor it just before I reach the level stretch. I consider my cart's top speed is the max speed it is maintaining towards the end of the level stretch.
I didn't get to do a lot of testing last night but seems the pack voltage on the SoC meter was 46.1 at top speed.
Old 05-15-2014, 07:48 AM   #26
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
Back on post.....I find it almost unfathomable that you have actually found a pice of paved road in your State that is 1/8 mile long and flat. Really? You have to give me Lat & Long. I'm not really sure if anything is flat....unless it came from Federal highway funds. :)

Dave
Granted, it took some looking, but I'll get you a GPS fix on it the next time I go there.
Old 05-15-2014, 07:49 PM   #27
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Quote:
JohnnieB.....I've been to West Virginia.....I first started going there when the drinking age was 18, so that tells you how old I am. We use to pile a bunch of 18 year old's (yeah...sure, we all had Pa. drivers license that said we were 18. You could buy blank one's then for $10. Or that was the rumor....) and make the drive from near Pittsburgh to a few local establishments...play pool until closing time....and drive home. Try that today.

Dave
Hmmm, from PA were you? Any chance the bars you used to hit up were in Morgantown?

And yea, there's some flat stretches here and there, but they're kinda rare. Around here there's ONE flat straight piece of road - goes on for exactly 1 mile and it's GREAT for drag racing. Only one problem with that for me - several of my relatives live right along that stretch, so I never got to partake in the fun.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 08:09 AM   #28
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93yellowclubcar View Post
Hmmm, from PA were you? Any chance the bars you used to hit up were in Morgantown?

And yea, there's some flat stretches here and there, but they're kinda rare. Around here there's ONE flat straight piece of road - goes on for exactly 1 mile and it's GREAT for drag racing. Only one problem with that for me - several of my relatives live right along that stretch, so I never got to partake in the fun.
Me and all of the guys I hung out with way back in those days lived near Greensburg Pa. That's east of Pittsburgh. Morgantown bars would have been right up our ally as that was right across the border....and probably the nearest town that actually had a real bar in it. I don't recall what year WV changed it's drinking age from 18 to 21. I do recall when you were 18 it was 3.2% beer only. No hard stuff and no heavy beer's.

I also recall the more beer we drank....the better looking WV girls became. Then again....we had that "issue" in Pa. as well.

Dave
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 09:00 AM   #29
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
I also recall the more beer we drank....the better looking WV girls became. Then again....we had that "issue" in Pa. as well.

Dave
Technically that is known at the "Closing Time Effect" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Closing_time_effect

The study was done in response to a Mickey Gilley song.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don%27t...t_Closing_Time
Old 05-16-2014, 09:05 AM   #30
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

AKA "beer goggles".
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO