lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-05-2014, 06:38 PM   #1
benjylafond
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default HD F&R for EZGO TXT

Scotty, I went to order a new HD F&R from my ezgo, when I clicked on the paypal link for the one for my cart, it came up as the switch for the older carts it showed as: Item # EZ585HD, Early / Late: Early style 1980-85. This is also $20 more than the price for the one for my cart. Help.
benjylafond is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-05-2014, 07:14 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: HD F&R for EZGO TXT

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjylafond View Post
Scotty, I went to order a new HD F&R from my ezgo, when I clicked on the paypal link for the one for my cart, it came up as the switch for the older carts it showed as: Item # EZ585HD, Early / Late: Early style 1980-85. This is also $20 more than the price for the one for my cart. Help.
Thanks - I'll check it out....Yeah That's gonna take a little undoing ! Check back in an hour .........
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 08:02 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Okay - It's fixed. Thank you for the heads up. The TXT & Medalist HD F&R is the same old $169 price. The new Marathon HD F&R is $189. The increase in price reflects the added costs of the old style pivot shafts. Choose early or late.
Again thanks for the heads up.
Old 08-06-2014, 10:56 AM   #4
benjylafond
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Okay - It's fixed. Thank you for the heads up. The TXT & Medalist HD F&R is the same old $169 price. The new Marathon HD F&R is $189. The increase in price reflects the added costs of the old style pivot shafts. Choose early or late.
Again thanks for the heads up.
Ordered the TXT one. Thanks for fixing it.
Old 08-06-2014, 10:59 AM   #5
benjylafond
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

ScottyB, any problem with using 1/0 cables on my cart with the HD F&$ switch? I have an electrical engineer friend who is making me a set (all I had to buy was the terminals). He has the special crimping tools.

My cart is 36v TXT (Lithium Polymer Hybrid batteries) series cart. D&D High Speed Motor, 6:1 high speed rear end, Alltrax 4855.
Old 08-06-2014, 11:04 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjylafond View Post
ScottyB, any problem with using 1/0 cables on my cart with the HD F&$ switch? I have an electrical engineer friend who is making me a set (all I had to buy was the terminals). He has the special crimping tools.

My cart is 36v TXT (Lithium Polymer Hybrid batteries) series cart. D&D High Speed Motor, 6:1 high speed rear end, Alltrax 4855.
It's not a problem using bigger cable than what is needed. Make sure your friend is using welding (or locomotive) lead, not 'battery cable'
Old 08-06-2014, 12:56 PM   #7
benjylafond
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
It's not a problem using bigger cable than what is needed. Make sure your friend is using welding (or locomotive) lead, not 'battery cable'
He is using welding cable. The company he owns repairs stop lights and railroad crossing lights/guards.
Old 08-18-2014, 10:40 AM   #8
benjylafond
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

ScottyB:
Minor problem with HD F&R I am trying to fix. It seems the forward and reverse are switched on my series cart. For a short term fix I just unscrewed the F&R lever next to my leg and turned it upside down, but I figure I must have switched 2 of the wires connecting to the F&R. Which ones would I need to reverse on the F&R to correct this?
Old 08-18-2014, 10:51 AM   #9
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

The ones at the 3 and 9 o'clock positions....they go to the S1 and S2 studs on the motor. I had to do the exact same thing.
Sir Nuke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 04:51 PM   #10
benjylafond
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
The ones at the 3 and 9 o'clock positions....they go to the S1 and S2 studs on the motor. I had to do the exact same thing.
I think I'll switch them on the motor. The studs on the F&R are a B*** to get too.

Thanks.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO