lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-16-2014, 04:58 PM   #11
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Solinoid clicks but no movement

Like JohnnieB suggests if M- has no voltage on it when the solenoid energizes there is something amiss in the high current circuits (the big wires). Looking at various diagrams it appears to me that M- actually gets voltage from B+ through the solenoid contacts, through the forward and reversing contact assembly (except the PDS system controller which does this switching in the controller) to one of the motor terminals (A1 or A2), through the motor armature and windings out of the other armature connection (A1 or A2). If there is no voltage on the controller M- terminal when the solenoid clicks and cart is in forward or reverse, the motor is not going to turn and the cart is not going to move. Think of the process of the controller feeding varying amounts of connection from B- through the controller to M- to complete the motor circuit through the A1 or A2 connections. As M- gets negative pulses the voltage is pulled down current begins to flow through the motor and it begins to turn. If you don't have this voltage it aint gonna run. The ITS is not likely the problem.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-16-2014, 05:45 PM   #12
Drock1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I will test it in a little bit. Do you think the solenoid is bad or the reverse contactor?
Drock1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 06:12 PM   #13
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

If it runs, you can rule out the things that make it run. The issue is likely a setting or the throttle adjustment.

Solenoid, reversing contactor, motor, ITS, MSs, etc., all work. The only things that are adjustable are the ITS and the controller.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 07:39 PM   #14
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drock1 View Post
I will test it in a little bit. Do you think the solenoid is bad or the reverse contactor?
If the solenoid clicks when you press the pedal, check for B+ voltage on both big connections on the solenoid while it is energized. You need to jack up rear of cart and put on jack stands to prevent sudden movement while you running these test. If that checks out then check for the same voltage through the contactors to one of the terminals on the motor (the ones with the bigger wires) usually labeled A1 or A2. If you not getting voltage on motor A1 or A2 the trouble is between the solenoid and the Motor. Look for wire connection or a wiring error or a faulty F-R assembly.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 09:06 PM   #15
Drock1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

When I hook the controller to the laptop on the gauge function and push on the gas pedal the motor voltage increase, battery amps goes to the negative as well as motor amps. All wires on the reverse contactor have voltage except A2. The large lugs on the solenoid have no voltage and the small ones have voltage. I am at a loss!!! Could the diodes bed bad on the solenoid? The reverse contactor, solenoid and controller are only 4 months old.
Old 08-16-2014, 10:56 PM   #16
Drock1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Well I appreciate everyone's help!!! The wife and kids are now off my ***!! I had a crimped connector that was barely loose. I think it is time to use soldier ONLY! Thanks again!

Last edited by Drock1; 08-16-2014 at 10:56 PM.. Reason: Missing word
Old 08-17-2014, 07:37 AM   #17
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Glad to hear you got it running.

The bad crimp was on one of the high current cables, correct?
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 08:29 AM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Good work gentlemen !
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 11:09 PM   #19
Drock1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

It's was one off of them reverse contacter, it was one of the smaller wires only about 14 gauge.

The cart runs good now I am starting the battery break in period. I hit 22.5 mph this afternoon not bad a 1995 on the original motor.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO