lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-08-2014, 09:49 AM   #11
rib33024

Default Re: Do I have a Transmission or Hub problem?

This is the cause of the brake hub failing, remove the teens from the cart and there will be no more problems. How many brake hubs have you striped on the cart when you were driving the cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by rworley View Post
I had a perfectly good working electric EZGO Textron – 27647-G01 then I let my 15 year old and three of his buddies take it for a spin, within a half hour it would no longer move on flat ground, thanks boys!!
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-08-2014, 10:06 AM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
this is the cause of the brake hub failing, remove the teens from the cart and there will be no more problems. How many brake hubs have you striped on the cart when you were driving the cart
lol -
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 10:20 AM   #13
720Deere
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Well that's no fun!
720Deere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 05:56 PM   #14
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Most people tire of buying OEM hubs sooner or later and get the HD ones. IF using our hardened hubs resulted in a lot of stripped axles then we would sell hardened axles as well but, it doesn't and we don't. Make sure the splines are in good shape and put anti-seize paste on the splines during assembly to fill any voids. Mostly change your driving habits. Like come to a stop between forward and reverse. And never roll back and slam on the gas.
You wouldn't believe how many vids I seen of people doing that to pop wheelies, when they don't have quite enough torque. Popping wheelies even without rolling backwards first are likely pretty bad too.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 09:54 PM   #15
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

When installing the new drum, proper tightening of the axle castle nut is very important to keep the drum splines from stripping again. Here is the method to use;

The repair manual says 90 ft-lbs torque minimum and 140 ft-lbs maximum.
Get a 1/2" torque wrench, tighten to at least 90 ft-lbs then tighten it to the next notch to drop in the cotter pin, do not back off the castle nut.

Good luck - RAY
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hubs, transmission
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO