lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-06-2015, 05:03 PM   #1
JDC
Gone Wild

Default Shudder

Im working on a 97 ez-go 36V the batteries were completely dead when it came and I had to charge 2 at a time till I got the normal charger to kick in and then it charged them to 38 volts. 4 hours after I disconnected the charger it was at 36 Volts so the batteries are not good . but when I push the accelerator the motor shudders and then it will start to move. if I mash the throttle it just shudders. I check the drive splines on the motor and they are good. Could the Inductive throttle sensor be bad ? I noticed its not centred with the plunger does that matter ? I checked the voltage at the motor and its the same as at the batteries .
JDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-06-2015, 05:19 PM   #2
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: Shudder

I don't know what you mean when you say "not centered with the plunger"....but here's a pic of an ITS diagram. Does your's look like this?

DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 05:23 PM   #3
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Monitor the battery voltage when it "shudders". I bet it's dropping. Sounds like bad batteries to me.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 05:28 PM   #4
JDC
Gone Wild

Looking at your pics the plunger would be closer to the left side than the right. and it doesn't look square with the plunger. I think the batteries too but I want to be sure. I think when it shudders it reads 28 volts.
JDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 08:33 PM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

28v? Just junk batteries, no need to waste time diagnosing ITS with batteries like that.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 08:58 PM   #6
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

batteries for sure.
smokey tennis shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO