lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-20-2015, 08:55 PM   #1
fishbooz
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default yellow battery light coming on with new batteries

hey guy's ...I just installed 6 new Trojan 875's a few months ago , the cart has sat for week or so and I tested the pack voltage last night and was at 51.1, I got in the cart today and as soon as I put the cart in reverse and hit the throttle the yellow battery light came on and then went back off, I thought the battery light only blinks if the batteries are low ??? is this normal? cart drives fine.
Thanks
fishbooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-20-2015, 09:00 PM   #2
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: yellow battery light coming on with new batteries

Not sure as my cart now runs a different controller but the light may be telling you that there was an AC power interuption since the last time the charger was plugged in.
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 09:24 PM   #3
fishbooz
Gone Wild
Club Car

Thanks Teecro ...I recently put a madjax controller on it, I wonder if that has anything to do with it ? hoping no battery problems ....my wallet wound has not even healed yet from the $650.00 I just spent on the batteries.
Old 11-23-2015, 06:21 PM   #4
bsa_bob
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbooz View Post
Thanks Teecro ...I recently put a madjax controller on it, I wonder if that has anything to do with it ? hoping no battery problems ....my wallet wound has not even healed yet from the $650.00 I just spent on the batteries.

Had my 02 two years fishbooz,,,,,,,,,,, never seen a blink of any kind,,,,,,, ,but i think mine is red in color i don't think they even work! bob s
bsa_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 09:43 PM   #5
fishbooz
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsa_bob View Post
Had my 02 two years fishbooz,,,,,,,,,,, never seen a blink of any kind,,,,,,, ,but i think mine is red in color i don't think they even work! bob s
it doesn't make any sense to me why it would come on as I never let the batteries get even close to 50%. but let it sit (after a full charge )with the charger unplugged for a week and it comes on, although only for a second and then goes back off, I did put an aftermarket controller on it so maybe that has something to do with it ? I heard someone say something about a cart going into sleep mode but I don't even know what that is , maybe that could have something to do with it , hoping Sergio or David may know or Scotty .With my luck it could be anything and would not involve any cheap fix ,LOL . I am getting one of Scotty's SOC meters , I like the idea of that , can't wait to get it installed
Old 11-23-2015, 09:58 PM   #6
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

I don't put a whole lot of faith in that light. Your multimeter will tell you a lot more about your batteries than that light will. It could mean the charge cycle was interrupted, but I've seen OBCs fail and randomly turn that light on for no reason. Once you get Scotty's meter, I'd unhook that light. Nothing you have done to the cart has anything to do with the OBC or that light.
TahoeDawgZ71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 10:22 PM   #7
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I think the OBC will power off (go to sleep) if it does not sense the charger DC plugged in for more than 3+ days.

The first time you drive the cart it will blink the light. It has only happened to my cart once because my wife forgot to plug it in to charge on Monday and I used it the next Friday.

I like the digital voltmeters, but I would leave the warning light connected as long as you are still using the OBC to charge.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 09:48 AM   #8
fishbooz
Gone Wild
Club Car

Thanks David and Sergio !
Old 11-24-2015, 10:20 AM   #9
glassk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Batteries’ voltage drops below 48 volts when there is no load on the batteries (the vehicle is stopped and there are no accessories on).

Our 03 IQ cart will come on/flash some times at very light pedal and going over a spot that flexes the cart. I just guessed the OBC sensed a low voltage for a second as the light doesn't stay on all other conditions are a series of flashes 10 with a 4 second pause,...

NOTE: The battery warning light will flash quickly, after inserting the DC plug, if the charger relay/voltage suppressor has failed in the closed position.
glassk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 01:10 PM   #10
fishbooz
Gone Wild
Club Car

Our 03 IQ cart will come on/flash some times at very light pedal

That is exactly what mine did.
Thanks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car