lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-12-2016, 03:11 PM   #1
mjroman20
Gone Wild

Default Speed Sensor Plug

I'll ask this here since I am most interested in Clubcar for this question; but anyone with EZGO and Yamaha carts feel free to respond too.

A majority of new motors I see have a 3 position, triangular Deutsch connector with male terminals. I have heard some complaints about not having that mating end in the stock vehicle harness. I know this can be the case with EZGO and most definatly Yamaha, but what else has Clubcar put out there besides this plug?

I looked through all the manuals I have and they all show this same plug. Anyone have pictures or part numbers of variations to this attachment?

One of the EZGOs I have worked on used a 3 position single row Delphi, while another just had a long cable with a 3pin molex (directly into 1206MX). All the yamahas I have look at use a similar but not matching style plug; white, plastic, Japanese made.
mjroman20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-12-2016, 07:58 PM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Speed Sensor Plug

Matt,

Club Car has used the triangular shaped plug you describe since the late 1990s in all of their Sepex carts. Regen 1 cars and some early regen 2 cars used a round black 3 pin plug, but ever since 1998 or so they've all been triangular Deutsch plugs. Hope this helps.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 07:47 AM   #3
mjroman20
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Matt,

Club Car has used the triangular shaped plug you describe since the late 1990s in all of their Sepex carts. Regen 1 cars and some early regen 2 cars used a round black 3 pin plug, but ever since 1998 or so they've all been triangular Deutsch plugs. Hope this helps.
Yes it does; I was in need of a sanity check. Had a guy swear up and down what he had was the "factory stock plug" and was nothing close to a Deutsch.
Old 10-13-2016, 08:16 AM   #4
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjroman20 View Post
Yes it does; I was in need of a sanity check. Had a guy swear up and down what he had was the "factory stock plug" and was nothing close to a Deutsch.
He's wrong.
Old 10-13-2016, 09:07 AM   #5
mjroman20
Gone Wild

Thinking back now, this may have been the same guy with a Clubcar DS sporting a 1236 AC control...which he also claimed was stock.
Old 10-13-2016, 03:27 PM   #6
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjroman20 View Post
Thinking back now, this may have been the same guy with a Clubcar DS sporting a 1236 AC control...which he also claimed was stock.
Stock huh?

Tags
clubcar, ezgo, speed sensor, yamaha
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car