lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-20-2016, 04:48 PM   #1
seanmcg
Getting Wild

Default Question for the DS guys

I got the voltage reducer from ScottyB a few weeks ago. I'm finally gonna have the time to install it this week, but I don't know where it should be mounted. I was thinking of mounting it all on a piece of sheet metal screwed into the frame rail behind the batteries and in front of the motor. Not sure ir that's okay. I don't know anything about the little buss bar and I don't want to fry anything.

Can any of you guys post some pictures of where you mounted the reducer, fuse block, and negative buss bar on your Club Car DS?
Thanks, in advance, for any help.

Sean
seanmcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-20-2016, 07:38 PM   #2
wards75
Getting Wild

Club Car

That's exactly where I mounted mine. I had some old road signs and I cut a piece, bent it and bolted it to the back of the battery tray support. Has worked fine for me, no problems..I mounted my fuse block in the passenger side glove box.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk
wards75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 10:40 PM   #3
seanmcg
Getting Wild

Default Re: Question for the DS guys

That's a pretty cool idea. Definitely sturdier than my idea. Thanks. Do you have a buss bar, or are all of your accessories wired directly to the negative battery pack?
Old 11-20-2016, 10:53 PM   #4
wards75
Getting Wild

Club Car

I bought the Blue Sea fuse box, think it was the 5025 but it has a built in negative ground buss and I used that. From reducer +/- (out) to +/- on fuse block. Then all my accessories leave out from there. It definitely isn't a whole heck of a lot of room for adding stuff on these carts and making it look clean and also being "Accessible" I chose the passenger side glove box and intend on closing the portion off where the fuse block is so it can be used for other storage.

If you don't have access to anything to use to mount your reducer to and wanna do it like I did, I have plenty of sign left and will cut you a piece and send it to you for free, just pay shipping...shouldn't cost much at all...just a thought.
wards75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 11:58 PM   #5
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

no reducer in my DS but did put my fuse block next to my aux 12 volt battery

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN7932-1.JPG (102.3 KB, 0 views)
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 07:17 PM   #6
seanmcg
Getting Wild

Thanks for the help guys.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car