lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-27-2017, 01:31 PM   #11
slobdiddy
Gone Wild

Default Re: Just buying a 2009 EZGO GAS RXV...best way to speed it up?

Many thanks this is great info. I really appreciate this. The $500 will be a good investment. The EZGO Shop is confusing as this part doesn't say which carts it is compatible with on their website...but I guess you guys just know this stuff.

One problem I have is I am currently living overseas and EZ GO won't ship to my usual forwarding agent (myus.com in Florida). Does anyone know any other suppliers for this part? I usually ship to Florida and myus then ship overseas from there so the US supplier doesn't even need to do international shipping, just post to Florida.

I have also read that the throttle cable gets stretched over time. I'll ask my local mechanic to adjust this too as he gives me a little more from the governor.

This has been very helpful... thanks guys.
slobdiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-27-2017, 02:00 PM   #12
slobdiddy
Gone Wild

OK I finally found an eBay supplier of this part. I have just messaged them to double check compatibility but I should be all ok, Thanks again guys.
Old 05-27-2017, 02:04 PM   #13
slobdiddy
Gone Wild

Sorry one more question. Cart carries up to 4 (but usually only 1 or 2). My community has some hills. What is the standard gearing on this cart and can I play with this a little to reduce the need to over rev the engine?
Old 05-28-2017, 07:38 AM   #14
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I know that those clutches fit because that is the kit I bought when I did mine a few years ago. Main reason I did mine was I had a squeal from the belt that was driving me nuts. The new clutches made a substantial difference in torque and had no problem climbing most hills. As for the price, I got the dealer I got the cart from to order them for me and he cut me some slack because he knows I am a good customer

As for speed I lost just a little with the new setup but with 21" tall tires at around 4K rpm it was mid twentys. Bought a tach also just to keep an eye on it and set the governor so with just me in it on flat ground with my foot on the floor it was at like 3900 rpm. Figured that was a safe number if someone other than me was driving.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 09:15 AM   #15
slobdiddy
Gone Wild

Thanks. I will order from eBay.

I can't lift beacause my wife found my last lifted cart unstable. Do you think this engine would cope with high speed gears? I dont know what the stock gears are.
Old 05-28-2017, 11:15 AM   #16
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

stock on the RXV is 12:1, I believe both 8:1 and 6:1 are available for your cart, 6:1 being the fastest. That said, keep this in mind, especially with all of your concern about hills - going to an 8:1 gear is going to take away 25% of Your takeoff and climbing power, going to 6:1 is basically going to cut it in half. Now, assuming You do the TEAM clutches and gain roughly 20% more torque, adding the HS gears at 8:1 is going to net You an overall 5% reduction in torque from where You started with the stock cart. That's not likely to be noticeable in day to day driving, but if You are already unhappy with the climbing and acceleration characteristics of the cart as it sits, spending $900 to go HS gears and TEAM clutches is going to basically rob You of 5% of your power, but get the cart going about 8mph faster once it gets up to speed.

Also, HS gears with 4 passengers = VERY poor performance. Picture a car with a manual transmission, put it in first gear with a car full of passengers and take off. It does what it's supposed to, and at say 20mph it's running as fast as it will go. NOW, same car, same passengers - start out in second gear, not first. The car is going to strain to get up to normal operating range, but will run to say 30mph (not just 20) before it has no more speed left. Swapping to HS gears is a lot like that scenario (with some reservations, it's just an analogy) - if You change the final ratio, it's a lot like forcing the cart to always be in second gear. Go to the 6:1 gears and it's even worse. Speed gears are great for those of us with Big Block carts, because having 25+hp overcomes any need for more torque to take off - but with a stock engine (even with improved clutching) trying to pull 4 people around is going to be a definite struggle.
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO