lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-19-2018, 07:44 PM   #21
dfischbach
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2010 EZGO RXV Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingarmy View Post
Received the conversion kit from usgicollector today. Tomorrow I will install it and fingers crossed there is nothing else fried. Any suggestions/lessoned learned form those that have done this conversion?
I also fried my controller on a 2011 RXV trying to install some LED lighting. I also put in the curtis conversion kit for a new controller. After I installed it, I still was dead in the water. Had to take it into a service shop for some diagnostics and they ended up finding a few other sensors and switches that got fried in the process including the speed sensor and accelerator pedal. I am back up and running now but it was an expensive and frustrating lesson learned. Good luck!
dfischbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-19-2018, 07:59 PM   #22
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfischbach View Post
I also fried my controller on a 2011 RXV trying to install some LED lighting. I also put in the curtis conversion kit for a new controller. After I installed it, I still was dead in the water. Had to take it into a service shop for some diagnostics and they ended up finding a few other sensors and switches that got fried in the process including the speed sensor and accelerator pedal. I am back up and running now but it was an expensive and frustrating lesson learned. Good luck!
Thank goodness we ran diagnostics, and dealt with it step by step...

Both the throttle and brake encoders were damaged and needed replacement. The pedals also needed cleaning and lubing. The throttle pedal spring had rusted and weakened a bit, so it was bushed as well. New encoders fixed the throttle wiper and brake wiper errors, bushing and cleaning fixed the intermittent throttle zero switch error. It's back up and running!

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 08:31 PM   #23
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Bob glad to see you got Flyingarmy up and running and the Danaher to Curtis conversion kit all worked out.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 08:19 AM   #24
Flyingarmy
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Big kudos out to Bob and his diagnostic skills. The cart is alive and running quite a bit faster than it had been before. Thanks to some re-programming of the new Curtis Controller by Bob. A big thanks to Jeff(usgicollector) for the conversion kit, worked like a charm as was easy to install.

My next step is to figure out the whine from the rear. My last part to change out is the motor bearing. If that doesn't work, since my wife can't stand the sound, I will end up selling it this spring for a different cart. Hate to after all I have been through with this RXV, but a happy wife is a happy life.
Flyingarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO