lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-17-2018, 11:42 PM   #1
Hit it like a champ
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Rearend oil and pics after lift

So i finished the lift today it made the precident pretty big. I am very happy with it. I did loose a very small amount of oil from taking out the axles and it took about 10oz that seem like a lot I probably lost about 2oz anyway this is what i put in there is this the right stuff. Countyline sae30 small engine oil.
Hit it like a champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-18-2018, 02:49 AM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Rearend oil and pics after lift

That will work, but it does not look like a very dependable brand. But hey, if you are running stock and not running anything more than stock, 30w is fine. If you are upgrading your parts and accessories, then you better think about upgrading the gear lube that helps put all that into motion....

Just discussed this here http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ml#post1560285
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 06:42 AM   #3
Hit it like a champ
Gone Wild

Club Car

I think this will be fine for the winter I can put gear oil in it before summer. I see it says to jack it Up that must be just so you fit under there right. I would think that you wouldn’t want to change the angle of the rearend when checking.
Old 11-18-2018, 11:44 AM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

I am guessing you are meaning from my earlier post in the other thread. See the last point and "yes", it was only to gain access, you lower it while filling it as you have a tube and pump.

Rear End Lube Change:
-22oz's of 85w/90 synthetic rear end grease. Mobil 1 or any good quality type will work fine.
-Jack it up, pull the fill plug which is up the side of the housing. Then pull the drain plug and drain. (check oil for any foreign material)
-Reinstall the drain plug, stick your manual $8 lube pump tube (from Advance Auto Parts) in the fill hole (do not attempt to use the vent hole), lower the cart back level and pump it until it reaches the threads of the fill hole. (22 ounces + or - will get you there)
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 01:31 PM   #5
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit it like a champ View Post
I think this will be fine for the winter I can put gear oil in it before summer. I see it says to jack it Up that must be just so you fit under there right. I would think that you wouldn’t want to change the angle of the rearend when checking.
Agree. You don't want gear oil up here in winter unless your cart is in heat all the time. Batts are already weaker. 5w30 is plenty thick enough when the temp drop.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 03:48 PM   #6
Hit it like a champ
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yes it would be ok in the winter it lives in a heated garage. Check out this pic before my ride yesterday in about 8” of snow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4EA564D0-00A7-4FCE-B46B-4F3351805313.jpg (127.9 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car