lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-22-2019, 07:16 AM   #1
ercjr1101
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default What speed should I expect from my cart?

I picked up a 1992 Marathon 3-wheeler. I had the armature turned and I put in new brushes and a bearing. She was very sluggish as first but I am assuming it was due to the brushes getting worn to the commontator. I got about 11 mph going up a slight incline on a paved surface. It hit 19 mph on the return trip back down the street.
I know I have some more maintenance and repairs, but I am hoping that this cart will turn out decently.
ercjr1101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-22-2019, 10:13 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: What speed should I expect from my cart?

for your cart....on flat ground, about 13 to 14 is normal
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 12:36 PM   #3
Brob1969
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

How does the 3 wheeler handle. There are a few for sale locally, and I am curious.

That being said, I doubt it would be good for my use on the farm and trails, but I would think they're great on road.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Brob1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 02:21 PM   #4
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Have you ever driven a three wheeler? I suggest trying one. They are quite different, if you aren't used to them.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 02:23 PM   #5
Brob1969
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
Have you ever driven a three wheeler? I suggest trying one. They are quite different, if you aren't used to them.
I have not. I am curious though. Are they still in production? All of the ones I have seen for sale are older vehicles.

Old 02-22-2019, 03:33 PM   #6
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

I have a pair of 3 wheeled Marathons, a 1985 and a 1973. They were parts runners for an auto salvage yard. They both ran great until thieves stole the batteries and hacked out the wiring for the copper. I removed the motor from the 1985 and shipped it to a member here that needed it for his Marathon. Anyone needing other parts from it are welcome to contact me.

Bob

BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 07:47 PM   #7
ercjr1101
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

This is my first cart. I bought it as a mobility cart for my elderly mother on oxygen to allow her easier access to her flowers. I paid $225 for it not functioning. I put the 6 battery cables on it, 6 qts of acid, battery hold downs, motor brushes and bearing, also turned the armature. $100 into it and she rolls. I now have confidence that this will be a good project.
ercjr1101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 03:01 PM   #8
Brob1969
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
I have a pair of 3 wheeled Marathons, a 1985 and a 1973. They were parts runners for an auto salvage yard. They both ran great until thieves stole the batteries and hacked out the wiring for the copper. I removed the motor from the 1985 and shipped it to a member here that needed it for his Marathon. Anyone needing other parts from it are welcome to contact me.

Bob

WTH?! That's not much copper!

That being said, I once built a welded rebar cage around a condensing unit I installed on a rental property. The thieves cut the coils up THROUGH the cage and removed them. Given the time and effort, I would think that a job flipping burgers would be more lucrative...

Old 02-23-2019, 04:29 PM   #9
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Seems like simple state laws requiring the recording of an electrical, plumbing, or HVAC license to recycle copper would eliminate much of this. We were frequent victims at my last job.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 05:21 PM   #10
Brob1969
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
Seems like simple state laws requiring the recording of an electrical, plumbing, or HVAC license to recycle copper would eliminate much of this. We were frequent victims at my last job.
Yeah, there are definitely some provisions in place here in Florida. However, I am a licensed general contractor and also hold a refrigerant recovery license. I occasionally take copper in to the recyclers, and I have never had to present anything other than my drivers license.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO