lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-21-2019, 01:40 PM   #1
seanmcg
Getting Wild

Default Bigger wheels

I'm looking to get a new set of wheels and tires for my 02 DS. I know, it's getting a 6" lift. Has anyone put wheels, bigger than 14", on this cart? If so, post some pix and tell me what is like some going bigger.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
seanmcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-25-2019, 08:43 AM   #2
DJDraco
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Bigger wheels

So I’ve got an 02 DS as well that I’m just getting started on. I’ve got the 6” lift ready to go in and 12” wheels with 22” tires. From what I was told, the 6” lift will only cover up to a 23” tire. I’d assume you can go bigger on the wheel but would have to stay with some low profile tires. Take into account the added weight as well.
DJDraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 10:50 AM   #3
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Bigger wheels

The bigger the wheel diameter, without a corresponding diameter increase in the tire will result in a pretty rough ride. A 12" diameter wheel in a 23" tire is about as low profile as I would go unless you are driving the cart on glass smooth surfaces.
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car