lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-25-2019, 07:07 PM   #1
Nicholaswade
Getting Wild

Default Cart won’t move

I have a 2009 clubcar precedent cart with the excel system in there. Was changing my battery meter from digital to analog when two wires positive and negative of the meter arced. It blew the fuse on the main harness. Replaced it. The buzzer comes on but the solenoid nor the controller comes on. When I press the accelerator pedal and then turn on the key switch you can hear the solenoid comes on but cuts off but in reverse and forward. Can someone please assist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nicholaswade is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-25-2019, 07:22 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Cart won’t move

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholaswade View Post
I have a 2009 clubcar precedent cart with the excel system in there. Was changing my battery meter from digital to analog when two wires positive and negative of the meter arced. It blew the fuse on the main harness. Replaced it. The buzzer comes on but the solenoid nor the controller comes on. When I press the accelerator pedal and then turn on the key switch you can hear the solenoid comes on but cuts off but in reverse and forward. Can someone please assist
I do not 100% follow what you are saying (the last 2 sentences). The solenoid will not activate unless the key is On and you have Fwd or Rev selected. If you have all the permissives present, the controller will then pull the solenoid low and then it closes in (clicks) and allows current to flow to your controller.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 07:45 PM   #3
Nicholaswade
Getting Wild

I put the cart from tow to run. Turn on the key switch on put in forward. Press the accelerator pedal but solenoid not controller does not activate. Now when in forward I press the accelerator pedal then put on the key switch to on I can clearly hear the solenoid comes on for a short period of time and cuts off. Does this help

Old 04-25-2019, 08:41 PM   #4
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Is the meter displaying the correct voltage?

The negative black/yellow wire on an Excel is provided by the controller.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 09:03 PM   #5
Nicholaswade
Getting Wild

Its an analog meter I was installing. As the digital one just burnt out. I believe the analog ones has to be installed running new wires direct to main positive and main negative but I though you could of just installed as how the digital ones were connected. But problem at hand is the cart won’t move. I put it from row to run turn on the key switch put in forward but the solenoid does not click. Tried both in forward and reverse but no movements. Can there be a break in the harness as a result when the wires that connected to the battery meter arced?

Old 04-26-2019, 05:40 AM   #6
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I was trying to use the meter to verify you did not blow up the Controller pin that provides the negative to the black/yellow wire.

On a Precedent Excel the black/yellow wire shares the same negative as the MCOR and Speed sensor and it is provided by the Controller, so it is not a good wire to short.

You need to remove the dash and measure the voltage from pack positive to that black/yellow wire to see if you still get +48v (actual pack voltage).

If not, try running a jumper from pack negative to the black/yellow wire to see if the cart works.

Make sure You keep one rear wheel raised for safety in case the cart runs.
Old 04-26-2019, 09:32 AM   #7
Nicholaswade
Getting Wild

Will do that but just to let you know when the wires did arced. It blew out the 15 amp fuse on the main harness. I changed that as well but still no movement.

Old 04-26-2019, 09:56 AM   #8
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Unfortunately fuses are intended to prevent wires from catching fire and not to protect electronic equipment.

Whatever current surge blew the fuse also went through the controller before getting to pack negative.
Old 04-26-2019, 10:00 AM   #9
Nicholaswade
Getting Wild

Ok this morning went back to the cart. Put the key switch on. (Did not do anything or checked anything). Put in forward. Heard the solenoid come and and wheel start to spin. But when I press the pedal all the way down it cuts off both in forward and reverse. When I hold the pedal half way it spins without stopping but the minute I press all the way down it cuts off. Do you think it damaged my throttle sensor? Also checked the voltage it is at 46 v

Old 04-26-2019, 10:04 AM   #10
Nicholaswade
Getting Wild

Had a mcor adaption to the throttle sensor and it works perfect with it did not cut off so I believe it knocked out my throttle sensor.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car