lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-21-2019, 03:52 PM   #11
horaceman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2010 Precedent Batteries Not Holding Charge

Sergio...I started going through your instructions and have a question for you. How should I handle the 10ga wire from the charger receptacle when I have an onboard charger and do not use the receptacle? I did identify that one of the cables connected to the positive terminal on battery #1 is coming from the receptacle even though it is not in use.
horaceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-21-2019, 04:23 PM   #12
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

The battery at 9.24 is a red flag. Id check that battery under a load after you have played golf You should have your answer
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 04:33 PM   #13
horaceman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

The cart has been on charge for about an hour since I got home, but I unplugged it and checked the individual batteries. The #5 battery is lower than the others at 8.39V. All the others are 8.68-8.72V. I drove the cart a few miles to get to the course, played 18 holes and then drove it back home. The battery indicator dropped several bars to about half on the ride home. Also, the Club Car battery light would light up when I took my foot off the accelerator and go back out when I pressed it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-21-2019, 06:32 PM   #14
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by horaceman View Post
Sergio...I started going through your instructions and have a question for you. How should I handle the 10ga wire from the charger receptacle when I have an onboard charger and do not use the receptacle? I did identify that one of the cables connected to the positive terminal on battery #1 is coming from the receptacle even though it is not in use.
Is up to you if you want the cart receptacle connected, but definetely connect the onboard charger wire
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 07:12 PM   #15
E39 S62 6MT
Not Yet Wild

Hows it going? Did you get it sorted? Sounds like batteries to me
E39 S62 6MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 07:20 AM   #16
horaceman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I followed Sergio’s instructions, but determined that in order for the charger to turn on, I had to have two wires connected to the positive on battery #1. They are the thick gauge wire and one of the two thinner gauge wires. Both of these wires are coming from behind the wall going to the controller. The disconnected red wire leads to the charging receptacle. Right now the the blue wire from battery #4 negative and the wire going to the receptacle are disconnected and the cart is charging.

When the charger kicked on, the charger meter was showing 4 amps. I also checked the voltages. The pack voltage was 62.6V. Once again, the #5 battery was lower than the others. It was 9.83V while the other five were 10.44 to 10.58V.

If my issue does turn out to be the #5 battery, it will not be the first time I have had an issue with a single battery causing problems like this. Will a 48V to 12V converter/reducer help to protect the individual batteries and possibly prevent this issue from happening again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-22-2019, 10:28 AM   #17
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Its not rare for 1 battery to be the issue. Your lights are not running off of that 1 battery so the light issue is not the cause of the failure or the batteries being out of sync.

The rule of thumb that I use for whether or not you need a reducer is if you use your cart with the lights on, or an accessory, for more than an hour at a time. If you do that, and you think you need a reducer, I would highly recommend the factory Club Car system, it uses a very good reducer and is plug and play with the cart. Yes you pay a bit more but well worth it in the long run.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car