lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-24-2019, 06:13 PM   #1
Jsmth86
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Precedent won’t drive

Having issues with my precedent. I have a 2008 and in July purchased an fsip high speed and alltrak 500 with high amp solenoid from ScottyB. Had not issues until today. The cart won’t drive forward or reverse. The motor sounds like it wants to go but just won’t. If I jack the rear end up the tires barley move. The motor is making a small knocking noise.

Batteries full charge with 51.8v

I have taken a video but don’t know how to attach it.
Jsmth86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-24-2019, 06:22 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Precedent won’t drive

Kinda sounds like the solenoid is not closing. Do you hear/feel the solenoid click when you turn the key on, FnR in F and press the go pedal?
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 06:35 PM   #3
Jsmth86
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Bingo. You are right. Any idea on what needs to be done to fix it?
Old 11-24-2019, 06:53 PM   #4
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

First need to make sure it’s getting voltage on the small terminals, and it’s getting negative signal from the controller to close.
Old 11-24-2019, 09:50 PM   #5
Jsmth86
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Went out to test the solenoid and it is working fine. Strange - do these things have safety sensors or anything like that. Just trying to understand why not touching it for 2 hours it magically works.
Old 11-24-2019, 09:54 PM   #6
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

What's working fine? The solenoid or the whole cart?
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 10:10 PM   #7
Jsmth86
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Everything. The solenoid is clicking and I’ve got full power. Did not test voltage as it’s a pain in the butt to get to but it’s working and figure that testing it would yield the same results. Just strange that it did not work before and now it’s working without me touching it.
Old 11-25-2019, 04:58 PM   #8
LabRat
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

it sounds like that either you have a sick solenoid or one device in the solenoid activation circuit is failing, Key, F&R, Foot Pedal, doubt its the charger interlok, OBC or Tow-Run as you have power to slightly move the tires. The spades on the solenoid has been known to get nasty and loose.
Please keep us posted as Gremlins are hard to catch, when you catch one its time to celebrate
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 10:10 AM   #9
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsmth86 View Post
Everything. The solenoid is clicking and I’ve got full power. Did not test voltage as it’s a pain in the butt to get to but it’s working and figure that testing it would yield the same results. Just strange that it did not work before and now it’s working without me touching it.
I would think along the lines that the solenoid is maybe failing, but if you have further problems with it get in touch with ScottyB directly and he can walk you through what to check in more detail, and if it is a problem with the solenoid I'm sure he'll be able to set you up with a new one.

The lack of a solid Click from the solenoid usually means it's not getting power or ground, so I would first double check all of the connections for switches that supply power to the solenoid.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car