lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-16-2021, 08:08 AM   #1
bnd10706
Not Yet Wild

Default Turn Signal Question

I have a 2015 Precedent and have an aftermarket turn signal kit. We wanted our cart to be street legal and I've been working on it for a few months, and pretty much have it set.

One of the annoying things that I have is our turn signal kit. While the turn signals work, after you complete the turn, the turn signal does not reset. I am sure this is way its supposed to be, but I'm wondering if there is a way to modify our steering column or something so that after the turn is complete the turn signal resets.

We have been driving down the road and the turn signal has been blinking for a mile or so simply because we expect it to be like a car and reset after the turn.
bnd10706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-16-2021, 08:32 AM   #2
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Turn Signal Question

Same issue on our SXS. These are not real complex systems and I am afraid that you will just have to condition yourself to physically turn it off (which is what I have to do on the SXS). As a friend once told me-"first world problems" :)
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 08:34 AM   #3
bnd10706
Not Yet Wild

Oh ya, I know... me and my wife joke about it all the time, but I'm all about making my life eaiser.
bnd10706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 09:52 AM   #4
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnd10706 View Post
I have a 2015 Precedent and have an aftermarket turn signal kit. We wanted our cart to be street legal and I've been working on it for a few months, and pretty much have it set.

One of the annoying things that I have is our turn signal kit. While the turn signals work, after you complete the turn, the turn signal does not reset. I am sure this is way its supposed to be, but I'm wondering if there is a way to modify our steering column or something so that after the turn is complete the turn signal resets.

We have been driving down the road and the turn signal has been blinking for a mile or so simply because we expect it to be like a car and reset after the turn.
If your wiring harness includes a typical flasher for the turn signals (some new harnesses are electronic and don't use them) purchase a motorcycle turn signal flasher which beeps similar to a reverse buzzer while the turn signal is operating. You won't forget to turn them off.

https://www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-Fl...1803879&sr=8-2
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 08:09 AM   #5
DaveMJ
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by PingEye3 View Post
If your wiring harness includes a typical flasher for the turn signals (some new harnesses are electronic and don't use them) purchase a motorcycle turn signal flasher which beeps similar to a reverse buzzer while the turn signal is operating. You won't forget to turn them off.

https://www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-Fl...1803879&sr=8-2
Good idea, do they work with LED's? When I converted my cart to all LED I had to change out the flasher relay because the current draw was insufficient.

Sent using Tapatalk
DaveMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 10:32 PM   #6
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

My tried and true method worked good with rubber bands but I have upgraded it to viton o-rings. They last much longer. Over a year I think now.

https://buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=145650

You do need to hold it up or down while signaling.

I'm trying to get a patent on it but you guys can use it for free!
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car