lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-27-2010, 05:06 PM   #1
Kydog
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Powerwise 2 output amperage?

On my 2007 PDS, what kind of amperage should the charger be reading when you plug it in and batteries are about half way on the SOC meter.I plugged it in yesterday after a we took it out hunting and it was only drawing about 8 to 9 amps. The tech with easy go said the Powerwise 2 charger should put out around 18 amps. I was wondering if something wrong with this charger.I've only had it about a month or so. What does your charger put out when charging?
Thanks David
Kydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-27-2010, 05:27 PM   #2
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Powerwise 2 output amperage?

Mine starts out at just under 20. Pretty sure it's always the same no matter what the battery meter on the cart says.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 09:28 AM   #3
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

it will put out 20 amps depending on what your state of charge your batteries are and what temp they are. The soc meters are widely known to be inaccurate.

If the batts are cold (40 degrees) they wont accept the amps like they would if 90 degrees.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 03:07 PM   #4
Kydog
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I've only had this cart about a 1 1/2 month's and I've never seen it draw more than 9 amps on charge meter, even after running the SOC meter to the point of blinking.When I plug int he charger after a couple of second's it will come on, goes to 8 or 9 amp and within a couple of minute's drop's to 4 to 5 amp than will slowly tinkle down to 1 to 1 1/2 amps, it usually take 12 hrs are so for the charger to kick off, and the SOC meter is still not reset. If I unplug and then plug the charger back for alittle longer the SOC will eventually reset itself. I tested the batteries voltage wise and with a hydrometer. I had 1 battery that showed fair on the hydrometer and was reading 6.33 volt's.
Is it the charger or battery or both?
Old 11-29-2010, 03:14 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Can you test run your charger on a known good cart? That is the simplest way to determine whether it is charger or cart related.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 05:34 PM   #6
Kydog
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for info, I called the local shop and they have a test stand there going to put it on. We'll see what it shows tomorrow.
Thanks David
Old 11-30-2010, 09:26 PM   #7
Kydog
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I took the charger back to the local shop,they checked the diodes and they were fine but the capacitor was bad, they swapped it put for one they had just repaired. Plugged the cart in at home ,they charger turned on, pulled about 14 amps and faded down to 5 and kicked off in about 2 hrs.I'm going to test drive tomorrow and see if I can tell a difference in performance, the shop said I was probably running on a low charge.
Thanks for the help. David
Old 11-30-2010, 09:52 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Every Cart owner should have a cheap hand-held digital voltmeter or an expensive in dash LED voltmeter

Hey Check out the Battery tutorials on how batteries work & charge and how to get the most use out of them..... Check it out at cartsunlimited.net there is a link in my signature.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO