lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-01-2011, 07:01 PM   #11
Pimp Daddy
Proud Paw Paw

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2003 headache

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinger View Post
Pimp Daddy, from my bit of experience, I agree on the speed sensor. I did quite a bit of repairs on 02's for some golf courses here in Michigan last summer. If I disconnected the speed sensor, the cart wouldn't run. Never found one bad though in 64 carts. With all the major parts that have already been replaced, I wonder, has the key switch been checked? Just a thought.

Dinger....Like I said NO EXPERT....If the wiring to the speed sensor is BAD, would it cause this???
Pimp Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-02-2011, 08:53 AM   #12
bonduranth
Gone Wild
Yamaha

replaced key switch. Thanks for the answer on the speed sensor. I will try it next. Wondering if there is a jumper plug available to make the controller believe there is a good speed sensor installed. I too have never seen a bad speed sensor but since it will cause it not to move when disconnected, I will try it next. To gleemo. No I do not need instructions for installing a controller. Where did you manage to read in my post anything remotely related to installing a controller? Yes I know to turn the switch off, Place switch in tow, and disconnect the batteries. I repair carts for a living and was simply asking if anyone had encountered a speed sensor causing a cart not to run. In my may years I have to agree with pimp daddy that I have never encountered a bad sensor. Was just asking the general public if anyone had.
bonduranth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:47 AM   #13
Dinger
Not Yet Wild

This one is very interesting. You've replaced about everything. MCOR, motor controller, selonoid, computer, key switch, F-R switch tested, wiring tested, batteries test 51.8. What I'm wondering about, also, is the thing about the motor running for about 2 seconds after you hook up the batteries and turn the switch back to run. I've done the battery disconnect thing a lot of times with switch in tow position and key off. When I reconnected the batteries and turned the switch back to run, I've never had the motor try to run by itself at all. Computer reset maybe? I think there's a clue there but I'm afraid I can't come up with the answer from afar. I'm also stumped at the somewhat lack of help and input from some of the real "experts" here. Does the Yamaha thing really come into play here or was that just a joke? I thought we were all in this together. I work on all brands as much as I'm able. I hope you'll let me know what the outcome is on this. I'm older but still like to learn more and more. Good luck.
Dinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:36 AM   #14
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Attitude is attitude ! and I dont need any more
So to answer your first ? Yes !
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 11:56 AM   #15
Dinger
Not Yet Wild

Gleemo, I have all the respect in the world for your experience and knowledge. I have read many of your threads in response to peoples problems and you are right on top of it all the time. You, OLD MEC, tahoe dawg, and others all give out excellent info, for free by the way, and it is much appreciated. But you have to admit that there are times with any brand of cart that you would just like to drop a stick of dynamite in it and light the fuse. If you've never had this feeling, please tell me how I can reach that nirvana.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:36 PM   #16
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Dinger, confusion or misunderstanding regarding a question asked or answered, be it from the person asking or answering is a fact on any open internet forum. But throwing attitude in someones face because something is misunderstood by one or both parties is a sure fire way to find yourself standing alone in the dark.
Dude was wrong to go there.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 01:37 PM   #17
Dinger
Not Yet Wild

My mistake. My ignorance. Had to do a little investigating to realize that Alltrax was mostly a Yamaha controller. Was kind of funny as well as cutting.
Old 02-12-2011, 04:27 PM   #18
SV1
Getting Wild

Bonduranth. Did you figure this one out yet? I'm learning a lot by reading the posts and would be really interested to hear the solution to this one.

Thanks
SV1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 08:06 AM   #19
bonduranth
Gone Wild
Yamaha

It was the speed sensor. Expensive part for what it is.
bonduranth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 08:55 AM   #20
Dinger
Not Yet Wild

bonduranth, Thanks much for the info. I find that anything that has to do with GOLF is highly overpriced. I have pulled apart a couple of MCOR boxes and was shocked at the less than $10 worth of parts inside. About a 90% profit for Club Car at $100 a piece. But I find that Yamaha and EZ GO are the same way. I'm sure they all have some sort of manufacturing cost to sales quantity ratio that they use as a reason but....... As for the speed sensor, a little reed switch? I've never had to order one but I can only guess. I hope you held onto the used parts that you replaced that wern't bad. They can be used for diagnostic purposes in the future. Worth their weight in gold.

Tags
club car 2003
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car