lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-07-2011, 09:28 AM   #21
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Trailering a Club Car

Lockman, I would run those big tires right against that front bar and pull the cart forward into the bar hard with a ratchet strap to the center frame loop on the cart frame. That is all that would be needed, in my experience, which is hundreds of carts over thousands of hwy miles and back woods roads. Forward is where they want to go if they move at all. Always lock the brakes but never depend upon them to hold the cart. Many a time I have arrived safely to find the brakes released during the ride.
Keep it simple and keep it tight!
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-11-2011, 05:40 AM   #22
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

I know Scotty, But in all honesty...
If my van stops THAT abruptly, most likely me, my van, cart, and trailer, will all have serious damage. (God forbid!)

The last time I even touched the front suspension trailering a cart,
(straps to the a-arms on the ex's 48V) it threw the alignment out something fierce!
so I, myself, would prefer to do it this way... and not touch the front end, so I won't have any alignment problems with this cart.
it's been working well like this for the last two years, and I feel confident that it'll work well for years to come!
(as long as I keep my straps in good shape, and I drive carefully!)

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 12:17 PM   #23
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keener View Post
After lifting the cart to see what speed controller is in it, these things aren't that complicated. I'm going to upgrade my electronics with Scottyb then lift it. As long as I can get it off the ground, I think I'll be doing most of my own mods.
....With the help of you guys, of course!

That's the right attitude!!! It's really a piece of cake, no question is the only dumb question.

With all the money you save doing your own work find that little green word up top that says "donate" and see what happens when ya click on it.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 10:23 PM   #24
Two Aces
Not Yet Wild

Good tips
Two Aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 07:19 PM   #25
Roxyflash
Gone Wild
Club Car

I put the bumper on my ds cart against the bulkhead of trailer then i take my 3 inch rachet strap across the brake pedal tighten it down pulling fordward on each corner of trailer never had it come loose holding the park brake on .
Roxyflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car