lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-02-2013, 09:41 AM   #11
kjdv
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Anyone using a madjax lift

the cart is about 75 inches high.
it fits under my shelf in the garage that has 76 inch clearance with about an inch to spare.
you should be way clear at 78 inches.
kjdv is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-07-2014, 01:07 PM   #12
cbrown.tx
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Has anyone run into the spindle nuts not wanting to screw back on to the Madjax spindle arm? We are installing one right now and everything went smooth till now... of course the last step before wheels. It feels like I'm stripping the nut after one turn. Doing everything with hand tools just so we don't strip something. Don't want to start forcing something and jack up whole thing

I do have one thought on it... The madjax video says to use a 13/16 socket to remove the spindle nut. However, I wasn't able to do that. A 13/16ths eight sided socket wouldn't go on the nut; too small. However a 16 point wrench did. I questioned whether the nut might be metric given it seems this cart is put together with a mixed bag of metric and standard sizes. The fact that the nut doesn't want to go on makes my wonder if it really wasn't metric and the solution is to go find two 13/16ths spindle nuts. Thoughts?
cbrown.tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 02:18 PM   #13
Mayor of G Vegas
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Sounds like a burr on the threads ..... i would inspect and run a tap the correct size on the spindle to clean up the threads . - Mayor
Mayor of G Vegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 02:53 PM   #14
cbrown.tx
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I would have thought that but I screwed it back on the original spindle no problem. Then flipped the nuts to the opposite side spindles (origianl ones) and same thing. I'm really starting to think it's a metric/standard thing. I just don't have a big enough metric set to confirm it. I"m gonna grab couple flange nuts in 13/16 and see what happens. If the nut dont fit... oh wait, that was a glove.
Old 02-07-2014, 03:11 PM   #15
PAPABEAR1
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Take your old spindle and see if the threads match. Easiest was is to just lay the threads against each other and see if they fit snug. Kind of like webbing your fingers together....
PAPABEAR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 07:33 AM   #16
Northcap
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I installed a 6 inch A arm on the precedent I am tricking out now. I have a jakes 6 inch double A arm on my other Precedent. Same tires and wheels. So far I like both equally. Give me a few weeks and I will have a better feel. I thought the Madjax instructions and video were very helpful. Jakes instructions were meh.
Northcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 11:02 PM   #17
smackdaddy66
Getting Wild
Club Car

I've used Madjax lifts and the wheel/spindle nut seemed to start ok on the post. However, as I tightened it felt as if I was stripping the nut and post. I backed out and retightened a few times and had success. It's only happened on a few of them. Call madjax and they will make it right if you're unhappy.

Smackdaddy66
smackdaddy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 05:50 PM   #18
cbrown.tx
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Just a follow-up... after double checking everything and scratching my head I contacted madjax. Turns out there was some faulty spindles from the manufacturer where they weren't cut deep enough (prob a 14x1.5 instead of 14x2).

Two for Madjax. They are sending me two new spindles and a self addressed shipping label to return the faulty ones. Great customer service!
Old 02-11-2014, 08:53 PM   #19
Northcap
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I called those guys with a voltage reducer question. First rate customer service.
Northcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 09:25 PM   #20
cbrown.tx
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northcap View Post
I called those guys with a voltage reducer question. First rate customer service.
Ha... that's next on my list and I tried to work a deal on one given the headache on the lift. Unfortunately they can't (or don't) sell retail and wouldn't do a deal.

Their loss probably as most likely I'll be ordering Scotty's and supporting a site sponsor since this site has given me a wealth of knowledge.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car