lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-10-2013, 01:43 PM   #1
cfstokes55
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default rebuilt motor worked great for 3 mouths now nothing.

well if you read the head line you will know my prob. I rebuild an 06 mci 295. now when I say rebuilt the bolts holding the piston to the shaft broke and I have to install new piston arms. now the problem lies in that after I replaced this the cart ran great, and had been running great for three months until one day it wouldn't do any thing, just turn over and over. well I fig might be a fuel issue or carb issue, so I took the carb apart and it seemed clean but I went ahead and let it soak over the weekend put back to gather and still same thing. checked the spark plugs the are firing one more so than the other. I am not sure what the reading from the trigger to the ignition coil is supposed to read to see if this could be the problem. kinda at a stand still. I have a feeling that it is in the ignition some how, but like I said don't know what the readings or supposed to be. hope there is help out there.
cfstokes55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-10-2013, 02:43 PM   #2
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: rebuilt motor worked great for 3 mouths now nothing.

ok lets start by unscrewing the plug wires from the coil and then switching the wires , sometimes the wires can go bad , then check the spark again, sometimes this can indicate a bad wire or a coil going south , also was the cart running when it stopped or did this happen when you went to start the cart
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 03:44 PM   #3
cfstokes55
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

it started the next time I went out to drive it. and ill swap the plug wires and let you know. prob want get a chance to do it till tomar. thanks
cfstokes55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 07:11 PM   #4
sonicbug
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Glad we could help ha ha it was scared
sonicbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 06:58 AM   #5
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

Can you feed it some gas or carb. cleaner through the carb and it run? This will eliminate a few problems too...... Seems to me if you were riding one day and it was fine and the next you hope on and nothing it would point in the direction of an electrical or ignition issue. However, you can eliminate some of the other issues by following the above posts.
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO