lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-08-2008, 05:11 PM   #1
Woodkitten
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Opinions on Limited slip differential?

Good Afternoon! This is my first post and I am trying to get a bit more out of my 11 hp TXT. I just bought it and it has the 28 degree clutch, front and rear Terra Toys coilover suspension on 23" All Trails Tires on ITP rims. I go to Glamis (sand dunes) often and am having a hard time in the soft sand. When going up even slight inclines in sand, it looses mass power and makes a slipping or rubbing noise-not really grinding but close. I have read the post about shorter belts and will try that - Not sure my belt size but it was recomended and the belt has grooves on both sides. I am also going to try to tighten the gov.

I was looking on Buggies Unlimited and saw this Limited Slip Differential and wanted to ask the experts on this site their opinions. Also any other suggestions would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!
Thanks-Dave
Woodkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-08-2008, 05:49 PM   #2
ruredy
Born Wild

Default Re: Opinions on Limited slip differential?

I haven't tried the limited slip but haven't heard any bad things about it. most everyone says it helps but it's still no locker. I have tried my 11hp cart in powder sand which was more or less flat and with 4 people on the cart it kept wanting to get stuck. Theres not any real good answer to that problem but more power, I would say min. 16hp, the only way I can figure to do that with a 350 is to put a 295 head on it. that'll jack it right up there. bigger tires would probably help too, they'll not sink as far into the sand. alltrails have a pretty hard compound rubber, a softer compound tire like the 489s or others will help keep it on top of the sand. There's alot of people that run the dunes on the forum seems most of then have vtwins in their carts. Maybe ask some of these question in the lifted section too, not all of them look in this section and the limited slip works the same on all brands of carts. Not sure what to say about the rubbing noise, I had a cart that did something like that and it was the muffler hitting the upper bottoming out stop, only did it sometimes going up good size hills.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 08:17 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Welcome wooden kitten? ...Glad to see a new member from the IE. The wierd screeching noise you may have heard could be the belt slipping....on the drive clutch (the one on the engine). For a 4 stroke Ezgo. You don't mix oil and gas, right, then order the 2 stroke belt. It is 41 inches and your belt is 42 inches in length. Of course you won't need to do this if you will just send your driven clutch ( the rear one) off to Tom at Dixie for machining and spring. This will produce way better results than a belt change and you really don't want both .........but, both are an improvement
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 08:30 PM   #4
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Welcome to the forum Woodkitten................
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 08:37 PM   #5
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

The reports I have seen on the BU Limited Slip have all been favorable. It improves the available traction within the range of the tires being used. You must be very carefull when installing the parts as the friction discs crack VERY easily until they are installed in their correct positions.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 11:23 PM   #6
Woodkitten
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the welcome Gentleman! Ruredy I have seen you on numerous post and your frickin hysterical! obviously very knowledgeable as well. with out sounding like to much of a novice, could you explain a bit more about the 350 and 295 head is about and how I can do that. cant really afford a bigger motor now but would like to do some mods before new years at glamis. ScottyB, who are Tom and Dixie and are they local? Also have you heard of King Carts in yucaipa, ca? I live 2 miles from them. I tried to go there but they were closed.
The belt I have reads - ezgo car 72328 G01 46-2616 0407 - 67. Anyone know what size that belt is and if I need a different one?

My serial number ends in 0796. does that mean it is a 1996?
Thanks again for your patience with a newbee.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:44 PM   #7
Riorat
supervision required

Club Car

I have the limited slip from BU, not impressed at all with it for what it cost.
I was hoping to see a bigger improvement in the mud, but did not. it may be different in sand dunes. as far as hills go I installed the power spring from BU & the limited slip at the same time so I don't know which helped the most.
Your big tires are hurting you some as far as torch goes.
Riorat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 11:56 PM   #8
Riorat
supervision required

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodkitten View Post
Thanks for the welcome Gentleman! Ruredy I have seen you on numerous post and your frickin hysterical! obviously very knowledgeable as well. with out sounding like to much of a novice, could you explain a bit more about the 350 and 295 head is about and how I can do that. cant really afford a bigger motor now but would like to do some mods before new years at glamis. ScottyB, who are Tom and Dixie and are they local? Also have you heard of King Carts in yucaipa, ca? I live 2 miles from them. I tried to go there but they were closed.
The belt I have reads - ezgo car 72328 G01 46-2616 0407 - 67. Anyone know what size that belt is and if I need a different one?

My serial number ends in 0796. does that mean it is a 1996?
Thanks again for your patience with a newbee.
Click on our site sponsers in the blue bar at top of page and you will find a link to Tom at dixie (carts Plus)
Riorat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 12:48 AM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The last 2 digits of the Manufacture code are the year the cart was made ...not the serial #. The # you gave is not in my book but I can tell you the belt you want is a Nivel# 10962 or OEM# 22337-G1
It will help some but the machining that Tom does will help a whole lot more.
http://www.cartpartsplus.com/

I am impressed with the difference this made in my 2000 workhorse as far as hill climbing ability.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 01:28 AM   #10
Woodkitten
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for getting back to me. this is the belt i found on line.
Performance Parts > Performance Clutch Parts

EZGO 91-Up Golf Cart & Utility Vehicle Driven Clutch Power Kit

If your 4 cycle gas E-Z-GO Golf Cart or Utility Vehicle is lacking in low end torque and having problems climbing steep hills with a load, this kit may be the solution for you. E-Z-GO has developed this torque package for use on 4 cycle vehicles which have trouble with belt slippage on hills or under loads.

This factory made kit includes a 28 degree complete driven clutch unit as well as a different corragated belt to minimize slippage. The clutch helps to engages a little quicker and tighter and the corragated belt provides more surface to grab.

This set will fit 4 cycle gas 2, 4, and 5 passenger Marathon, Medalist and TXT Model Golf Carts, the Clays Cars, the 800 Industrial Vehicles, the Refresher 1200 Beverage Carts, the 800 and 1200 Haulers, the 875 Series, the 800 and 1200 MPT Trucks, the 800, ST Sport and ST 350 Workhorse Utility Vehicles, as well as the Cushman 280 and 2200 Commanders.

Factory Part #: 26301-G03 (Clutch); 72328-G01 (Belt)

Golf Car Catalog's Related Links:

If you want your cart to operate at peak performance, please consider the following items. If the drive belt is bad, you may want to check the Starter/Generator Belt as well. And as long as you are there, the Air Filters, Oil Filters, and Fuel Filters as well as the Spark Plugs should be changed twice a year. You may find most of what you need for in one of our Tune-Up Kits.

Suggested Retail Value: $299.99

Price: $294.90

Quantity:

Is this the one I should have?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO