lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-19-2019, 12:57 AM   #131
ray mason
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Charging System Troubleshooting

Thanks. Looks like my OBC is dead too. I have to fiqure out my options now. I was thinking of the alltrax XCT48300IQ and either a used OBC or new electronic charger or an auto timer. Any input would be appreciated. I have a 2006 Club car precedent 48V
ray mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-19-2019, 10:54 PM   #132
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray mason View Post
Thanks. Looks like my OBC is dead too. I have to fiqure out my options now. I was thinking of the alltrax XCT48300IQ and either a used OBC or new electronic charger or an auto timer. Any input would be appreciated. I have a 2006 Club car precedent 48V
I like the XCT300 for a P&P replacement. See it here https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/p...roller-300-amp and then fully bypass the OBC and purchase the best smart charger out there which is the Lester Summit II https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/p...rger-13-18-amp You will be extremely happy with both...
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 11:52 AM   #133
outatime
Not Yet Wild

Hi Guys
Pulling my hair out trying to fix this cart, it's a 2006 President. So far I have replaced the bits inside my powerdrive 2 (relay, fuse and rectifier). Bought a replacement charger thinking there was an issue with that but still no click when it plugs in.

Checked all wiring and cleaned wiring.

Do you guys think it's the OBC? If I bypass it with the original charger still work? Don't want to have to buy new charger too.

Batteries are getting on but read 47v when I put the meter across them.

Am I missing something here?

Many thanks

Stu
outatime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 11:17 PM   #134
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

If the relay is good, then you must have an issue with the OBC. The grey sense wire triggers the charger by closing in the relay.

You may want to cut the grey wire and attach it to the Main Pack Negative for testing purposes. If it comes on, you have a failed OBC.

Your charger (Powerdrive) will not correctly work without a properly functioning OBC.
Old 06-03-2020, 04:27 PM   #135
Newt21
Not Yet Wild

I've read through all of this thread and I'm still not sure what the solution is to my situation.

I have a 2013 Precedent, it has 3 brand new batteries and 3 that were purchased about 9 months ago (ball park, I didn't own the cart then). When driving the cart, it charged until the charger cut off, but when driving it lasted about 30 minutes before the batteries got into the red. We were able to do this a handful of times before we were unable to charge the cart, no drive lasted longer than 30 minutes and one of the occasions the cart slowed to a walking speed about 20 minutes in.

My issue is that it is no longer charging at all. The charger clicks on when it's plugged in, it starts off at full power but drops down to 5 amps relatively quickly and stays at that level. I can hear the batteries "bubbling" while it is plugged in, but it never charges them.

I've installed a new OBC already because it sounded like that was the issue (from what I'd read here and other places that's what it sounded like), but it is still having the same issue.

The DC wire was a little frayed where it connected into the powerdrive box, so I ordered and replaced the DC wire, thinking that may be the issue, but it didn't solve the problem. The fuse inside was still clear and connected (wasn't burned out that I could tell).

I'm not really sure where to go from here in regards to trying to figure out and fix the problem. I don't know what tools I need and don't have the know how to proceed beyond this point. I'm not very savvy when it comes to electrical things and I don't have many tools at my disposal, so please let me know what tools are needed when you suggest solutions. Thanks in advance!
Newt21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 08:25 PM   #136
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Dropping down to 5 amps that soon is not correct. When it is charging, do you let it go until it cuts off automatically? This could be up to 16 hours and is a must to fully charge the pack.

And if so, what is the pack voltage 12 hours after the charge cycle completed?
Old 06-04-2020, 07:40 AM   #137
Newt21
Not Yet Wild

I unplugged it last night, when I did the charger was no longer on, it turned itself off. Since I’m not sure what the problem was I didn’t want to leave it all night. I turned the key to check the meter and it was still at one bar (out of 10) with the voltage in the upper 30’s. I don’t remember the exact number.
Old 06-04-2020, 10:59 AM   #138
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

You need to get a VOM and test the pack voltage. Document it and then check each individual battery and post all the results.
Old 06-04-2020, 06:39 PM   #139
Newt21
Not Yet Wild

48 for system
8/5/7/8/8/8 volts, the voltmeter didn’t go more specific than that.
Old 06-04-2020, 06:50 PM   #140
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newt21 View Post
48 for system
8/5/7/8/8/8 volts, the voltmeter didn’t go more specific than that.
There lies the bulk of the problem. That is only 44v and no where near what you need. Battery #2 has a bad cell is short and #3 is no good.

Plug your charger in and as it is running, put your meter on the main + and main - of the pack and see what the incoming voltage is from the charger and the DC amperage at that time. Report back ur findings.

A fully charged 8v battery should be almost 8.5v.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car