lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-04-2020, 04:47 PM   #21
Haddixbros
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 72V lithium pack?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketo View Post
Will the charger be happy to be cut out by BMS ? Some can't tolerate unexpected loss of load. If this is intended for 6 AGM batteries, charging voltage will reach 88 volts. 20 series cells charged to 4.15v will be 83v, so BMS will have to cut the charger before charger thinks the pack is charged.

Some people jump from cliffs (base jumpers) all the time too. Not necessarily a good idea.
To my knowledge, this charger is completely programmable via bluetooth. I can set to the types, number of batteries, specific voltages, etc.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
Haddixbros is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-05-2020, 08:21 AM   #22
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I set my charger to stop at a V that is below the max V of the pack. If every cell is equal, then my charger stops at 57.6V (4.12vpc). If you have your BMS set to stop at 4.15vpc then why have the charger set to stop at 4.12vpc? Redundant safety...

If the BMS fails and you charge your 83V 20S pack to 88V and any of the cells are out of balance...

If you can adjust the charger to stop below the max and the BMS fails you can find the issue without a fire.

Just my $0.02. There are a lot of people who trust the BMS to do exactly as you have stated.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 08:43 AM   #23
morvolts2
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsonj View Post
You'll be popping wheelies all the time! With just me in the cart it puts the front wheels 8 to 10 inches in the air on my 300 amp Alltrax with lithium... Don't under estimate the power of weight loss when getting away from the lead acid.
Have you posted any pictures of said wheelies?
morvolts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 05:34 PM   #24
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by morvolts2 View Post
Have you posted any pictures of said wheelies?
I don't have any pictures. I've reduced the throttle rate a lot to make it a more enjoyable ride. But if I turn up the throttle rate, set the amps back to max that front end likes to pop up like nobodies business. And I am not a small guy either...

I had some buddies with me on the cart a few months back. There were three adult guys on the back seat and two of us up front... With that much weight behind the axle and no more lead acids in front of it, it acted like a elementary school teeter-totter!

But yes, my cart with lithium cells in it, nobody else on it, stock motor, stock gears and the Alltrax 300 amp controller and it will absolutely pull wheelies.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 12:39 AM   #25
MoneyveoRNB
Not Yet Wild
Cushman

Default -

I am looking at ordering the decoy and lithium battery pack for my ShockWave.My question is can the pack be charged in the call with the decoy attached? Only had my call 3 days and Im seriously impressed with FoxPro...rsbhunter
MoneyveoRNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium