lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-14-2024, 02:22 PM   #1
Maineiac
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Carryall stops itself after hitting bumps

So I have an 08 Carryall 48v with the IQplus. I’ve noticed recently that when I hit a bump in the road it will decelerate quickly and stop all the while the alarm is beeping. I’m assuming it’s some sort of safety setting that I wasn’t aware of. Has anyone heard of this happening before and is it something where the sensitivity can be adjusted or can it be turned off?
Maineiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-14-2024, 02:24 PM   #2
jasonojordan
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Carryall stops itself after hitting bumps

I would assume loose connection of some sort of another before I would assume this is a feature.
jasonojordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 08:39 AM   #3
Maineiac
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonojordan View Post
I would assume loose connection of some sort of another before I would assume this is a feature.
Thanks Jason. I wondered about that myself as I had recently swapped in an Epoch 3 battery lithium upgrade, so I checked all the connections. They’re all tight.
Maineiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 10:17 AM   #4
TheCartBoy
WARRANTY VOID

E-Z-GO

Definitely not a bump detection feature... Something loose or something partially broken? I believe that year would have an OBC, maybe something is going on with it?
Plugging in a Curtis handset when the cart goes into this mode could reveal some clues. Maybe an HPD fault, maybe the reverse switch becomes active?
TheCartBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 10:44 AM   #5
InvalidUsername
Gone Wild

Is the beeper beeping on and off or is it a steady beep? Steady beep indicates controller thinks it's in reverse; on/off beeping indicates walkaway regen kicked in, and the other signs suggest that. What controller do you have? 1510 or 1515? 1515 has something called WalkAway Deterrent, whatever that is

InvalidUsername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 10:53 AM   #6
InvalidUsername
Gone Wild

Check your key switch and F/R switch for loose connections or malfunction. Walkaway Deterrent triggers walkaway when the key switch is turned off while the cart is going faster than 2mph. Somehow my cart got into that mode and it would brake hard and stop with the beeper beeping on/off when I'd either turn the key switch off or put F/R switch in neutral.
Old 03-15-2024, 10:59 AM   #7
TheCartBoy
WARRANTY VOID

E-Z-GO

DC Carryall should have a 1520 controller.

Defective key switch is a very good possibility. Especially if you have a heavy keychain.
TheCartBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 11:17 AM   #8
InvalidUsername
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCartBoy View Post
DC Carryall should have a 1520 controller.

Defective key switch is a very good possibility. Especially if you have a heavy keychain.
Probably has the same basic VCL as the 1510 and 1515. My 1510 obviously has the walkaway deterrent programming even though it's not listed in the parameters. Somehow that routine got invoked because I don't remember it acting like that until I started messing around with the speed sensor to trigger regen
Old 03-15-2024, 11:20 AM   #9
InvalidUsername
Gone Wild

btw I got that description of the walkaway deterrent from the Carryall manual
Old 03-15-2024, 11:27 AM   #10
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Just for grins while normally driving the cart reach over and turn the key off to see if produces the same results that you are seeing from bumps. If yes it definitely points to the switch.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car