lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-18-2011, 07:05 AM   #31
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

Default Re: "Early 90's EZGO - Needs a Rebuild"

that's a good idea casper. those pumps are a pain to prime sometimes.
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-18-2011, 08:28 AM   #32
ScooterMcTavish
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

That is not a bad idea - if it works for outboards, then why not a golf cart.

Regardless, the motor is coming out anyways, and I might as well order a couple of new crank seals so that Madoc doesn't give me heck.

In my complete ignorance, I'm guessing the motor should only be the removal of a few belts, a few bolts and a lift out (no chain hoist required). Right?

BTW, would liek to support a site sponsor, but most are charging quite a few pennies more for the rebuild kit vs. eBay. Anyone had better success with one of the sponsors for flexible pricing on the top end kit?
ScooterMcTavish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 09:01 AM   #33
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

everythingcarts doesn't show the top end kit, but i bet if you call them they can help you.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:33 AM   #34
ScooterMcTavish
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the tip Madoc.

Local guy can order them in for me, and was able to come down on the price enough that I didn't need to worry about shipping or customs. So it's all good.

I'll update once I get the kit a few weeks from now. Wife has already found me a nice 70s beige tartan vinyl that should look sharp. thinking a metallic copper or brown might be a good color for the cart.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:01 PM   #35
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

customs? where are you located? that's good to have a local guy to help. maybe he will loan you his clutch puller.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:39 PM   #36
ScooterMcTavish
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by madoc1 View Post
customs? where are you located? that's good to have a local guy to help. maybe he will loan you his clutch puller.
Hey Madoc,

I'm up here in the great white north! Unfortunately, those "free shipping" specials don't apply when you're North of the 49th parallel.

Clutch puller! Yikes! Guess I need that at some point to remove the engine? Think I need to watch some videos here.....
Old 05-22-2011, 08:44 PM   #37
ScooterMcTavish
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

So I'm unhooking the oil injection, and notice that there are two hoses - one to what looks like a pump on the outside of the cooling fan, and the other from this pump to the carb.

Question is, can I take out the tank, and both hoses, do I have to leave one of the hoses hooked up, or do I take the hoses, pump, and tank?

I'm also torn - do I take the motor out for the rebuild, or leave it in? It looks like it's a little to tight to get in to the nuts attaching the jug to the crankcase with a socket, so how do you torque these correct? Or, I've gone through the manual 6-7 times, and still can't visualize how to get the engine out. I already have the muffler off, and still can't see how to get it out.

Grrrrr. At least I pressure washed the canopy and painted up the canopy supports today.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:15 AM   #38
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

on the oil pump, lose everything and just plug the hole in the intake manifold.yes you should pull the engine, because you are going to replace the seals. right?there are i believe just 4 bolts holding the engine. you have get to them from underneath. take lots of pics so will have something reference when you rewire and plumb.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:01 AM   #39
ScooterMcTavish
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks Madoc,

Does "losing everything" mean taking the pump off as well? If memory serves correct, it also has a linkage attached to it, that I guess comes off too.

Four bolts underneath - you make that sound so easy. For not the first time in my life, I wish I had a hoist.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:37 AM   #40
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

yes, pump too, altho it doesn't have to come off. with it and the tank gone it just makes it a lot cleaner looking.
don't need a hoist. the engine doesn't weigh that much. just put the cart on jack stands, then you can get under it easier and won't have to bend over so far to work on it.

Tags
am i crazy?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO