lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-07-2008, 06:16 PM   #11
Blue Chip
Gone Wild

Default Re: Help ! Low Torque at start...

This was an "all of the sudden thing right?"

Can you give us any detail around when the last time it was used, and the events that happened around the slow down?
Blue Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-07-2008, 06:30 PM   #12
phasetim
Just me. .

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdnktrkr View Post
How hard is it to clean/replace the brushes? I have a 93 ezgo
The difficulty level is not hard if you know what you are doing... But going into that project is somewhat dangerous... you can damage the motor at any point.
phasetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 06:55 PM   #13
BCW
Gone Wild

Yes Guys,

This was a all of a sudden thing that happened .
Not being there my self , im relaying between y'all
and my firefighter buddies down south.

It was fine before Sat.
Thanks any help is surely appreceated...

BCW
BCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:28 PM   #14
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Get a voltage reading at the cart charger receptacle. This will tell us what voltage the cart is "seeing". Without a known good battery pack it is very difficult to determine your problem.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:39 PM   #15
BCW
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
Get a voltage reading at the cart charger receptacle. This will tell us what voltage the cart is "seeing". Without a known good battery pack it is very difficult to determine your problem.

gornoman

I will pass on your information
The batterys are less than two months old
they were bought brand new, and like I stated before
it has been fine up untill this past Sat.

We are Stumped on this ......
Thanks,
BCW
Old 01-08-2008, 07:34 PM   #16
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

BCW,
Even 2 month old batteries can go bad if they had sat on a shelf for a year before selling them! Battery voltage while riding it would help figure out the problem faster.
As I posted earlier I think it's the F/R switch, bad cables or the motor itself.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 07:38 PM   #17
BCW
Gone Wild

Thank you Andy

I will pass on the info

God Bless Bud,
BCW
Old 01-08-2008, 08:23 PM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Rdnk, don't hijack this thread.
Post your question just as you did under a new thread.
That way this nice man can get the info he needs to get his cart going and So can you. Cool
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 09:31 PM   #19
firewagon
Not Yet Wild

Hey guys, I'm doing the rebuild on the cart for BCW. I have very little experience with carts, however, I have alot of wrenching background from maintaining a fleet of fire trucks.

1- new batteries - reading 38/40 volts at charge plug and other points in wiring. 38 / 40 depends on state of charge.
2- f/r switch - took it apart and cleaned. No obvious problem or arcing points
3- wiring - double checked all connections at every point for clean and tight
4- ign. switch- working properly
5-brakes - checked for drag and completely disconnected temporarly
6- motor - cart was used without any past history given. The motor has had something done to it at some time. It simply has "good" written in paint marker on the case. Brushes worn?

Cart ran perfect when batteries were installed 12/24/07, installed 4" block lift and 22-10 tires. When first installed, cart would spin the rear tires on dirt. Then, the power just stopped. It has no takeoff ( will move,but, very slow to reach any speed) and will stop moving at a small grade.

In checking electrical flow tonight, I found that the solenoid had 38 v. on the incoming side and 25 v. on the switched side whenever the ign. switch was in the on position. When the throttle is applied, the voltage only raises to 31 v.
In my knowledge of solenoid function, it is normally open until switched on by a control circuit. The microswicth that operates that circuit is functioning properly i.e. no power flow until throttle is applied.
Does a cart solenoid normally have power to both side as this does? Secondly, shouldn't it should show that same voltage on both sides once it's engaged ?

Thanks for any help that you can offer.
firewagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 10:08 PM   #20
BCW
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewagon View Post
Hey guys, I'm doing the rebuild on the cart for BCW. I have very little experience with carts, however, I have alot of wrenching background from maintaining a fleet of fire trucks.

1- new batteries - reading 38/40 volts at charge plug and other points in wiring. 38 / 40 depends on state of charge.
2- f/r switch - took it apart and cleaned. No obvious problem or arcing points
3- wiring - double checked all connections at every point for clean and tight
4- ign. switch- working properly
5-brakes - checked for drag and completely disconnected temporarly
6- motor - cart was used without any past history given. The motor has had something done to it at some time. It simply has "good" written in paint marker on the case. Brushes worn?

Cart ran perfect when batteries were installed 12/24/07, installed 4" block lift and 22-10 tires. When first installed, cart would spin the rear tires on dirt. Then, the power just stopped. It has no takeoff ( will move,but, very slow to reach any speed) and will stop moving at a small grade.

In checking electrical flow tonight, I found that the solenoid had 38 v. on the incoming side and 25 v. on the switched side whenever the ign. switch was in the on position. When the throttle is applied, the voltage only raises to 31 v.
In my knowledge of solenoid function, it is normally open until switched on by a control circuit. The microswicth that operates that circuit is functioning properly i.e. no power flow until throttle is applied.
Does a cart solenoid normally have power to both side as this does? Secondly, shouldn't it should show that same voltage on both sides once it's engaged ?

Thanks for any help that you can offer.
Hi Guys
This is my friend above who is doing the work to my cart in this thread.
Its better he give y'all the information straight from the actual Horses mouth
(himself than me trying to relay to you ) Please give him your thoughts with this on the above ...

Sincerely and with a TON of thanks,

Randy ( BCW)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO