lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-25-2010, 09:17 AM   #1
buddy48
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default I hit the jackpot!!

Well I had a nice birthday list put together for the family to pick from and I got everything I asked for. They must want something in return!!

Here is what I scored:

Alltrax AXE 4844
HD Solenoid
HD F&R Switch

The only problem is I am sure thay didn't buy it from any of the sponsors of the site, but I couldn't control that. The folks here have been so helpful. Especially Scottyb as well as Mike. Hope they don't hold it against me!!

I hope to get everyhting installed this weekend and I will post some pictures of THE PIG!! (name was a result of a conversation with scottyb!!)
buddy48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-25-2010, 09:30 AM   #2
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: I hit the jackpot!!

Congrats!

Take pictures!

Post 'em!
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 09:44 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Congrats! Yeh, pictures and for Christmas, be a little more specific
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 10:20 AM   #4
rusty1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

you want me to come pick up the parts you are taking off to get them out of your way i can do that for free just to help you out
rusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 12:21 PM   #5
buddy48
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

You can have whatever it is you want. I don't think you want the controller. I tore it apart to see if I could find the magic smoke everyone talks about that is inside electrical components!!

No, I really did take it apart to see what happened to it. On the corner at the M- terminal, it had signs of excessive heat because the plastic had actually melted. The F&R switch is okay, but I don't think you want the solenoid! I tore it apart too!!

Come to think of it, I might just keep the F&R switch for a spare...sorry you had to read this entire post just to find out I'm keeping it all!!!
buddy48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 12:46 PM   #6
rusty1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

i was just offering services
rusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 04:31 AM   #7
lidschisaft
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy48 View Post
Well I had a nice birthday list put together for the family to pick from and I got everything I asked for. They must want something in return!!

Here is what I scored:

Alltrax AXE 4844
HD Solenoid
HD F&R Switch

The only problem is I am sure thay didn't buy it from any of the sponsors of the site, but I couldn't control that. The folks here have been so helpful. Especially Scottyb as well as Mike. Hope they don't hold it against me!!

I hope to get everyhting installed this weekend and I will post some pictures of THE PIG!! (name was a result of a conversation with scottyb!!)
That's nice. Not sure if I'd call it jackpot. Wasn't that happy with that switch tbh.
lidschisaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 04:56 AM   #8
langstonjones
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by lidschisaft View Post
That's nice. Not sure if I'd call it jackpot. Wasn't that happy with that switch tbh.

What's up with the switch? "that switch" was kind of vague. I'm sure there are several manufacturers of HD F/R switches. They aren't designed to whistle Dixie or get topless for you. Not trying to be cynical, but I just didn't understand your post. It would be similar to me saying "I'm really not happy with the performance of that oil filter in my truck" How do I know I'm not happy with it? Clue me in..
langstonjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 05:04 AM   #9
langstonjones
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy48 View Post
Well I had a nice birthday list put together for the family to pick from and I got everything I asked for. They must want something in return!
Think the FAM would care to adopt a few of us? We cut grass and do minor home repairs for cool buggy parts jusayin'
langstonjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 08:41 AM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

There are many different 'HD' F&R switches out there. They all have increased their amperage handling capacities. But they are all different. Some increase their capacity by as little as 30%. That is not going to cut it when you increase your controller amperage by 50-100%..... There is also the question of heat dissipation. It is one thing to handle the added current, another to keep the contacts cool and preserve their ability to do so.
Which was why we designed our new heat dissipating Switch cam.

But again, what kind of oil filter is it?
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO