lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-24-2011, 12:57 PM   #1
ccornell
Not Yet Wild

Default Radio Install 2010 RXV Freedom

I'm trying to install a radio and other 12 volt accessories on a 2010 RXV Freedom electric 48v and I can't figure out which wires in the dash are the 12v. It has a stock DC to DC converter installed and it already has power to headlights. After removing the cup holder trim piece, I have found a plug that has 6 wires coming into it and none going out. Two of the wires are showing 13.65 volts and the others are not showing any voltage. One of the wires is colored red with white strip and the other is brown and neither one of these colors are coming directly out of the converter. Is this the wires I need to use? Or can anyone tell me what color wires to look for? There is nothing in the service manual about the wires, but I can't find the repair manual on-line. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
ccornell is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-23-2011, 12:19 PM   #2
ccornell
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Radio Install 2010 RXV Freedom

BUMP.

Nobody on this forum has installed a radio on a RXV cart???
Old 03-23-2011, 01:49 PM   #3
dougmcp
Gone Wild

They're pretty new so there are not many RXV's on this site, or any for that matter. Have you checked your wiring diagram to see if you can find the connection you need?
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 06:57 AM   #4
ccornell
Not Yet Wild

I have the service manual, but it only shows how the converter is hooked up to the battery pack and has nothing about the output wires. It is hard to tell what the output wires are because the converter has six different wires coming out of it. It might show it in the repair manual, but I do not have one.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:42 AM   #5
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Unless someone here can come up with the wiring diagram, it shouldn't be too difficult to locate the 12v from the converter. It's time to break out the meter and/or talk to your dealer.
Although no wiring diagram, the parts manual is here: http://products.jacobsen.com/img/manuals/607975.pdf
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO