lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-09-2011, 09:44 PM   #1
kristopher2247
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default question about the body swaping

hi i think my golf cart is an 83 or so, but the body is ugly i can stand it, can i put a newer body on it or not? if not i made a jeep font end for it but if i can put a newer one on it then my plans will change. thank you
kristopher2247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-09-2011, 10:54 PM   #2
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: question about the body swaping

It all depends on your Fabrication-Skills and finances.My 85' Ez-Go has a 2000 Ez-GO TXT body on it.It requires some fabrication work,nothing major and it fits up quite well.The cart in my pics is the converted cart.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 01:11 AM   #3
EZ-1993
Not Yet Wild

pachanga90

What you mind posting what you had to do to mod your cart? Maybe give a brief explanation along with some pic's?

Thanks!
EZ-1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 06:34 PM   #4
EZGO-MY-WALLET2
Gone Wild

I would like to get an idea of how much work/fab was needed as well. It has crossed my mind wondering just how much different they really are too. I also wondered what the weight difference is between metal and plastic (body only)
EZGO-MY-WALLET2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:39 PM   #5
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

I've got some pics.The body is off right now.The weight difference is very minor,probably under 25lbs.The seat frame has to be lowered on the sides and front.I relocated the gas-tank(early 3-wheel Marathon unit).The channel across the rear supports the bag-well(rear body mounts thru it with 2 bolts)and it also reinforces the frame for the hitch.I lowered the front of the swing-arm about 2-1/2"(5" lift)and also moved the axle back with the shackle-drops about 1"(Not shown in pics,the coils are now moved back about about 2" to straighten them vertically).The front you remove everything except for the foot-wall itself.I trimmed as little as possible to fit the cowl.there are 2 bolt-holes on each side of the cowl,you can use the lower and bolt thru the side of the foot-wall,and bolt the bottom tab to the rocker-panel.If you want to you can weld a tab on the foot-wall for the upper bolt.The TXT dash fits with some minor trimming around the center-hump of the foot-wall.I still have to make filler-panels for the sides of the rear-section,they are about 1-1/2" tall to fill the gap between the body and rocker-panel.The entire swap can be done in a weekend,and it looks original for the most part.If you have more questions or need more pics let me know.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_2909.jpg (109.1 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2910.jpg (90.1 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2911.jpg (99.1 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2913.jpg (104.6 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg 100_2915.jpg (106.1 KB, 22 views)
Old 03-10-2011, 08:09 PM   #6
kristopher2247
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

thanks i do welding,and fab for a living so it sounds easy, thanks ill put somepictures of some stuff ive done and going to do thanks
kristopher2247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 08:17 PM   #7
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Same here,I built everything on the cart.Bumper/Hitch,Drop-Axle up front,rear coil-spacers,& Dump-Box.
Old 03-30-2011, 05:08 PM   #8
EZGO-MY-WALLET2
Gone Wild

I am a little late on checking back in on this thread. Thanks for the time and info. I sure would have thought there was more of a weight difference in the two. I would hate to go cutting and welding on mine for that.

Guess I will just have to look for a newer plastic project cart and make room in the garage for cart number two :)
EZGO-MY-WALLET2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO