lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-15-2011, 04:21 PM   #1
Superman51
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Exclamation Do not make the same mistake I did!!!!!!

For anyone considering a (LGS) LogiSystems controller please read this. This is my personal experience and I am not affiliated with ANY cart supplier or manufacture.

Background:
I started building my cart in early Jan. of this year (2011). I am converting a 94 EZGO into my new hunting cart/toy. After about a month of research, I had decided what I wanted to do. I narrowed my controller options down to an Alltrax 650A or a LogiSystems 700A controller. I called LGS first to find out some info on their product. After several days of unanswered emails and phone calls I contacted Alltrax. They were extremely helpful and explained everything I needed to know. After some deciding, I settled on LGS for several reasons. Although they are a fairly new company, their product had not received any negative feedback on BGW. Also, I ALWAYS try to support a “local” or “mom and pop” company and not the big commercial companies. The price wasn’t a huge difference; the LGS was only about $70 cheaper for what I could get the Alltrax for.

The Build:
I ordered all my part at the end of January and my LGS controller on January 25. All my parts were received within several days except my controller. After 3 weeks and numerous unanswered phone calls, I finally received my controller on the 16 of February. I started tearing my cart apart and getting it ready for a complete makeover. After several days, I finally finished, jumped in the seat, hit the throttle, and…….nothing. Several days of trouble shooting later (thank you so much BGW contributors) I had it narrowed down to the controller. I spent 2 business days and LITERALLY over 100 calls to reach someone from LGS. I finally spoke to Jim, the owner, and confirmed I had a bad controller. I sent the controller back (another $40) on 2 day air. The controller was received on February 25. After not hearing from LGS for several days, I spent another day calling every 30 min. I finally reach Jim and he said there was something that malfunctioned in the controller and would repair it.

Today:
Today, March 15, 2011, I had still not received my controller so……..you guess it. After 4 hours of calling LGS I get a hold of Jim, at least it didn’t take the usual 6 I guess. I asked why I haven’t received my controller and his response “ Oh………………………..I can probably have it on a truck today?

Time line:
Controller ordered on January 25. Received 23 days later on February 17. Sent back on February 26. Today March 15, 2011……..controller still has not even been shipped. Still have not had a single email answered from about 10 sent!

Overall:
Now, I understand that the controller may have been dropped in shipping and therefore caused a malfunction. Or, I may have just been the unlucky one that received the one bad product, and I’m ok with that. But, THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR PISS POOR BUSINESS SERVICE. What happen to customer service or heck, a little professionalism?????? A business transaction should last LONG after the sale. If you do decide to go with a LogiSystem controller, better hope it doesn’t malfunction. I couldn’t imagine how the warranty would be handled.
Superman51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-15-2011, 06:05 PM   #2
ttdad1
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Do not make the same mistake I did!!!!!!

That sux that there are more POS people in this world than honorable prople
ttdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 06:13 PM   #3
ChevyRacing75
Maybe This Weekend :)

Club Car

I'm happy with my logi I couldn't read all of that though sorry hope you get it worked out
ChevyRacing75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 07:15 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I'm going to say something hear at the risk of this not settling well with everybody involved. First Logisystems is not new to the DC speed controller industry. They have been out on their own for 15 years and have many years of controller development and production prior to that. They know their way around the guts of speed controllers. They build race controllers for some of the fastest DC vehicles on 2 and 4 wheels. They build controllers for all manor of DC vehicle builders so do not imply they are not experienced or have a poor product. I am Logisystems dealer. I have spoken at length with owners and employees about selling controllers to the public. You are right, it is not their strong suit. I, for one, wish they wouldn't do it. It is obvious their heart is not in it. And Honestly it takes a lot of customer support to sell to the public. The public hasn't a clue how to hook this stuff up or trouble shoot the slightest problem... That much I know. Which is how I approach each install. Evidenced by my 3 pages of instructions to customers who purchase Logisystems controllers with their upgrade packages from me. I do not get the same service you describe. With me, you can buy a controller today and I'll send you a tracking # tomorrow. Anyone wanting to use the rugged, simple, cost effective Logisystems controllers, the best advice I can give is to go through a reputable dealer for the best service.
I wish you the best of luck!
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 07:34 PM   #5
Superman51
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyRacing75 View Post
I'm happy with my logi I couldn't read all of that though sorry hope you get it worked out
I don’t blame you Chevy, it was a lot . To summarize: If you buy a LGS controller….PRAY you never have a problem.
Old 03-15-2011, 07:52 PM   #6
Superman51
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Scotty, I NEVER ONCE questioned the quality of the LogiSystem controller. I stating I received a bad controller, that could happen with any part I order for my cart. I could have been that one in a million guy, or the UPS guy could have just dropped it. IDK and I don’t care! These controllers are WAY out of my expertise and I’m sure there are countless problems that could occur with ANY controller. That could be the Curtis, Alltrax, GM, or LGS !!!!!!!

The problem that is simply INEXCUSABLE is the customer service. Maybe you have never had to return a controller and keep plenty in stock, good for you . My issue is the lack professionalism from the company. If a company doesn’t care about selling their product to public, that is fine, DON’T DO IT. It would have saved me countless hours of frustration and headache. I ordered this controller over a month and a half ago and have yet to have a working controller. Hopefully I can save someone else this frustration!

Also, I admit I’m not even close to knowing everything about a golf cart. But, I do have common sense and can follow directions. Installing this controller is not difficult and it was installed according to LGS directions.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:01 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Common sense? Isn't that your bloody fingers in the pic on page 12(?) of the install?
Common sense would have told you to put the cable in a vise.
But the real question is have I returned an item?
Yes I have asked 3 customers to return their controllers, all were professionally dealt with, 2 were failure by customer. One was promptly fixed free of charge and the other could not be fixed. One had nothing wrong with it but I paid to have it tested anyway.... I'm sorry you are having such a bad time.
But this is not a bad product. I can not stress that enough. And I will continue to repeat that.
Obviously this manufacture prefers to deal with their dealers.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:41 PM   #8
Superman51
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Really? Wow! That’s really weird…….The Owner of LGS said this was the only golf cart controller that was returned with a problem?????So…….. somebody’s not telling the truth? I would back that up with a written statement but……oh yea I never received an email.

Look, I’m not trying to discourage any of YOUR customers. I’m simply stating the experience I’ve had and providing the FACTS. If you have the secret number to LGS good for you, keep and use it. This maybe the best made controller on earth, but if takes almost 2 months to get a working one then what is the point? As a small business owner you of all should know that customer service should be the focus of whatever your product is.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:46 PM   #9
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

OK, I think we can all agree the Superman51 had a bad experience with buying a unit from Logisytems directly. Message delivered.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 09:58 PM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I know you are going to get the last word in on this, but .... I keep telling you my customer from yesterday got his tracking # today. His controller is in the mail... You have already made my point ... the cheapest price on the internet is not always the best deal.

If I can help let me know. Really.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO