lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-29-2011, 06:18 PM   #1
07ezgo
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 07 ezgo txt

OK i am new to the cart world and picked this one up last week. I've been playing around with it and have came to the conclusion that i need more speed. or at least a little more. its a 36v cart and has good batteries in it. what can i do to get to my destination? any info would be very appreciated. thanks
07ezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-29-2011, 09:25 PM   #2
dukgetr
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 07 ezgo txt

Depending on how much speed you are looking to get it could cost you from $400 - ???? to achieve your goal. Beyond replacing all your cables with at least 4ga (not really going to give you a big gain but will set you up for higher amperage) a controller upgrade is usually the first step to achieving more speed without giving up torque, but gains in speed vary from cart to cart. This upgrade is modest as far as results but it sets you up to make future upgrades such as converting to 48v or a souped up motor or both. I recently converted a 36v CC from resistor to a controller setup. It still wasn't quite up to the task I needed it for so I upgraded it to a 48v system and now it does everything I want it to. 20mph torque monster that gets me around the farm and in an out of some unforgiving locations. You are in the right place, sit tight and the experts will be with you shortly. The site sponsors here offer great prices on anything you can imagine, not to mention a wealth of knowledge that is hard to put a price on.
dukgetr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:29 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Is the forward / reverse switching a Toggle on the dash (PDS cart) or a Lever by your knee? (Series Cart)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:30 PM   #4
kward
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

First things first, what type cart is it? Series, PDS or DCS?
kward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:33 PM   #5
dukgetr
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I wrote out that whole post assuming you have tested all your batteries, cleaned and tightened all cable connections, and performed a general inspection of all your drivetrain and electrical components and connections. Shame on me! If you havn't done all this do so asap as regular maintenance of your cart and batteries is paramount when dealing with electric vehicles. Refer to the "stickies" for further instruction on general care.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:37 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

kward they didn't make DCS in 2007
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:44 PM   #7
dukgetr
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Lets hope it's a PDS, might be much cheaper and easier than I alluded to
Old 03-29-2011, 10:02 PM   #8
07ezgo
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

yeah i have cleaned all that i can clean as far as the cables go, they all seem fine checked water its also good. now dont get me wrong it does ok i have a gps i checked this afternoon and got about 12mph. is that about what it should be or is there something wrong? and the f/r switch is by my knee??
07ezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:07 PM   #9
dukgetr
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Scottyb will confirm but I believe you have a fleet cart (non-pds) which has a series wound motor. This is of course if it truly is a 2007 model. The lever below your knee could indicate a DCS drive system but only in older models
(95-??). Does your cart have a "run/tow-maintenance" toggle switch under the passenger side of the seat on the controller cover? You can verify the year of the cart by checking the I.D. plate inside or under the passenger glove box.Take your serial # and perform a search here: http://www.shopezgo.com/customer-ser...ialNumber.html
Old 03-30-2011, 06:03 AM   #10
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07ezgo View Post
yeah i have cleaned all that i can clean as far as the cables go, they all seem fine checked water its also good. now dont get me wrong it does ok i have a gps i checked this afternoon and got about 12mph. is that about what it should be or is there something wrong? and the f/r switch is by my knee??
You have a series cart. In stock form this is a normal speed for them.
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO