lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-14-2011, 01:00 AM   #1
z_kyzar
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default SOC meter in "T" holder??

2001 txt ezgo. About to install a SOC meter. Ive read all the info on this forum about them but Im getting a curtis for free from a out of service floor scrubber so Im going with it since its free and all. I was wondering if anyone has done/tried to install one of these guages in the "T" holder. Looks like it would be about right after cutting it out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1069.jpg (174.0 KB, 5 views)
z_kyzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-14-2011, 05:47 AM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: SOC meter in "T" holder??

As long as the voltages are correct, there is no right or wrong place to put it.. Post pics as you are going as well all love pics
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 08:11 AM   #3
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

i put them in the "T" holder all the time. I also cut a hole and put them besides the ign switch. I had a request to put it in the face of the cupholders once. Why the cust wanted it there i have no idea. Like stated, you can put it anywhere you want. Just make sure it came from the same volts as your cart is or it wont work right
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:29 AM   #4
z_kyzar
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks guys just wanted to make sure it would fit there. The dash looks thicker in that part than around the ignition. I have no use for the T holder so I figured I would save the room around ignition for something else.
Old 04-14-2011, 04:25 PM   #5
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

There plenty of room between the ball holder, the ignition switch, and the tee holder. Then you can move on to the larger safety warning area.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/membe...cessories.html
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 12:36 AM   #6
z_kyzar
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
There plenty of room between the ball holder, the ignition switch, and the tee holder. Then you can move on to the larger safety warning area.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/membe...cessories.html
Yeah Ill probably just leave the T holder there and put switches in warning area then the meter in ignition panel. Was just wanting to get rid of the T holder for some reason. Im going to use the space where you have your switches for a radio.
Old 04-15-2011, 12:38 AM   #7
z_kyzar
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by COURTESYCART View Post
i put them in the "T" holder all the time. I also cut a hole and put them besides the ign switch. I had a request to put it in the face of the cupholders once. Why the cust wanted it there i have no idea. Like stated, you can put it anywhere you want. Just make sure it came from the same volts as your cart is or it wont work right
Didnt think of that. Went to get meter and found out that scrubber was a 24v system. Guess Ill have to fork out the cash then.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:18 AM   #8
todo_brane_ded
.....He, not ME

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by z_kyzar View Post
Didnt think of that. Went to get meter and found out that scrubber was a 24v system. Guess Ill have to fork out the cash then.
What's the range of the meter? You can power it by reducing to 24vdc if the meter has the proper input measurement range.....

You can simply use a zener in series with the supply input (12v) if you use 36v to power it on.

Is it a 200V meter?
todo_brane_ded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 12:48 AM   #9
z_kyzar
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Not sure. I just kinda said the heck with it when I learned that it was 24v. Plus it ended up being a vertical anilog, old scrubber, and the clear plastic had began to fade making it hard to see needle.

Tags
battery, guage, meter
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO