lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-14-2011, 01:21 PM   #1
Flyboyron
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Maintenance on a newly purchased cart

We just got a 98 Ezgo Freedom from a private party. It is really nice and has turn signals, horn, seat belts, rear view mirrors, windshield, nice cloth seats... a really nice looking cart.

However I need some advice on maintenance.

1. I bought the 36v battery maintainer from Buggies Unlimited and while the batteries are fully charged, it is showing 40.2 volts. Is that ok?
2. What things do I need to check? Brakes, wheel bearings, or anything else to be sure this is in good shape.
3. This came with a charge meter on the dash. If the light moves to the left and is in the middle, does that mean it is half charged/half dead? The manual doesn't say exactly what the bars mean or when to stop and charge it. It just says to charge it at the end of the day. I am assuming that is after all day on a golf course. But we don't use it on a golf course, we use it to drive around our manufactured home park once or twice a week.
4. I keep it on the battery maintainer. How low should the batteries go before I put it on the charger or should I be putting it on the maintainer? I know the maintainer is not a charger so I don't want to damage it.

I think that is it for now.

Thanks for the help.
Flyboyron is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-14-2011, 07:47 PM   #2
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Wink Re: Maintenance on a newly purchased cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboyron View Post
We just got a 98 Ezgo Freedom from a private party. It is really nice and has turn signals, horn, seat belts, rear view mirrors, windshield, nice cloth seats... a really nice looking cart.

However I need some advice on maintenance.

1. I bought the 36v battery maintainer from Buggies Unlimited and while the batteries are fully charged, it is showing 40.2 volts. Is that ok?
2. What things do I need to check? Brakes, wheel bearings, or anything else to be sure this is in good shape.
3. This came with a charge meter on the dash. If the light moves to the left and is in the middle, does that mean it is half charged/half dead? The manual doesn't say exactly what the bars mean or when to stop and charge it. It just says to charge it at the end of the day. I am assuming that is after all day on a golf course. But we don't use it on a golf course, we use it to drive around our manufactured home park once or twice a week.
4. I keep it on the battery maintainer. How low should the batteries go before I put it on the charger or should I be putting it on the maintainer? I know the maintainer is not a charger so I don't want to damage it.

I think that is it for now.

Thanks for the help.
1. That's a good number. 38.60 is 100% charged after a 12 hr setting time with no use.
2.What you said and battery water level. All cable connections.
3. The meter should go to the left and start blinking when you need to charge it.
4.If the batteries are newer and are seasoned then 1-2 days on a charge.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO