lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-26-2011, 11:17 PM   #11
DRAG
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Options for my 2001 EZGO...new here

I tested the batteries before I went for a ride tonight. It wasn't on a fresh charge...maybe a mile of riding on it. All batteries were between 6.18-6.24v

I went for a ride, about another mile with a big hill and just as I started to feel a shutter where it loses power I took another reading. All were at 6.0 but one was at 5.74v.

I plugged in the charger and was reading 6.46-6.75....most in the 6.4 range. Charger reads 19 amps

I will test again once the charger shuts off
DRAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-26-2011, 11:22 PM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Put a mark on the 5.7 battery and keep comparing to the 2 on each side of it and the pack in general. You may have found the problem ......
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 11:44 PM   #13
DRAG
Not Yet Wild

20 min into charge, 6.8-7.0v on all.....while on charger

I'm a dumbass and didn't mark the low battery. I will have to do this again tomorrow
Old 04-27-2011, 10:16 AM   #14
DRAG
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for reading my amateur questions on this stuff guys...I appreciate the time.

I checked voltage again this morning after the charger stopped and all batteries were at 6.25 range. I wiggled the charger plug and it did not come back on. I unplugged it, plugged it back in and it started again...reading 19 amps.

What tells the charger to shut down? Amperage meter or timer? When it shuts down it is down to below 5 amps.

I have a friend who will sell me a charger for $200. It is a Lester like this...
http://cgi.ebay.com/EZGO-Battery-Cha...#ht_1117wt_905

He will let me try it first to see if it helps, but it has a different connector and I don't want to go cutting his cord up to put my plug on just to find out that isn't the issue.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO