lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-26-2011, 03:17 PM   #11
kpauley
Gone Wild

Default Re: 99 EZGO TXT Won't Go...

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
There are 4 wires in the 6 pin connector. The 2 outside pins closest to A2 are not used.

Check the voltage in the charger receptacle. What does the charger see when you plug it in?
I'll check the voltage shortly and post back.

There is a wire there that looks like it goes right in there and it's disconnected....I'll just leave it that way then I guess :-)
kpauley is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-26-2011, 03:28 PM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

99 Series? ... the manual shows it open?
Anyway it's running ~ Not charging, lets see what the charger sees
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 04:19 PM   #13
kpauley
Gone Wild

I have 37 volts at the charging port, same as what I see on the battery pack.
Old 04-26-2011, 04:56 PM   #14
kpauley
Gone Wild

There are two wires in the charger that come off the transformer and screw onto what I think is the heat sink which is screwed onto the panel that the meter is screwed to. One of those stand-offs is disconnected from the heat sink which I'm guessing is a problem. Although it looks like there is electrical isolation from that heat sink so maybe it is not.

Going through the troubleshooting flowchart, the DC cable tests out well. With it plugged into the cart, when I plug in the charger I don't hear the relay click, the flowchart says to replace the pc board.

Should I bypass the relay before replacing the board to see if the transformer is good?

And now, looking online, it seems that it is the Diode Assembly that is broken there so I'm assuming that is going to cause a problem one way or another. I'm going to see if I can find that locally and swap it out as a starting point.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0724.jpg (63.7 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by kpauley; 04-26-2011 at 05:29 PM.. Reason: I attached a picture of where the wire is disconnected.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:56 PM   #15
kpauley
Gone Wild

OK, I was able to do a little more diags on this and I think I have it figured out.

I was able to temporarily clamp on the diode and was actually able to get a good reading on it compared to the other one. I also checked the fuse and surprisingly it was good.

I then plugged the charger in and got nothing.

So I bypassed the relay on the PC board and it started up the transformer. So it looks like I have the broken diode and a bad PC board.

I spoke with a repair shop local, the style of diode I have is not readily available, so I'm going to switch to the bolt in diode for both diodes and replace the PC board and hopefully I'll be back in business!
Old 04-26-2011, 07:03 PM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpauley View Post
OK, I was able to do a little more diags on this and I think I have it figured out.

I was able to temporarily clamp on the diode and was actually able to get a good reading on it compared to the other one. I also checked the fuse and surprisingly it was good.

I then plugged the charger in and got nothing.

So I bypassed the relay on the PC board and it started up the transformer. So it looks like I have the broken diode and a bad PC board.

I spoke with a repair shop local, the style of diode I have is not readily available, so I'm going to switch to the bolt in diode for both diodes and replace the PC board and hopefully I'll be back in business!
Good work. If you really want to play with it the relay is readily available online and you can change it out and 'see' if that works for you? Would be a $5 repair compared to $50 plus.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 07:09 PM   #17
kpauley
Gone Wild

The board is loose and flailing around. Previous owners threw this charger around, it wasn't mounted and fairly well abused (dents), not surprising things are loose and broken! The board also shows a lot of corrosion, so I'm just going for a new board but will keep it for parts :-)

I guess I might have had more life with those batteries, probably was just that the whole thing was totally dead since it hadn't been charged. But after 7 years of use, it's probably wise to swap those out as well like I did.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO