lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-04-2011, 10:26 PM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2004 EZ-GO PDS stops and then starts

That motor produces a lot more heat at slow speeds than full throttle. Heat ultimately is the killer of all PDS motors.
Good luck and keep it cool
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-08-2011, 08:11 PM   #12
s4f
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Alright Scotty, rather than starting a new thread I'll just ask. Should I avoid all chips with the OEM controller and selonoid? I wouldn't mind having one that gave a little more umph when jumping the curb.

It's an 04 36 volt PDS system with 22" tires and back seats, which controller set up do you recommend for running around the neighborhood and hauling fat guys and shooting gear around at the range? I've already ordered the HD springs to accomodate the fat guys.
s4f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 08:50 PM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4f View Post
Alright Scotty, rather than starting a new thread I'll just ask. Should I avoid all chips with the OEM controller and selonoid? I wouldn't mind having one that gave a little more umph when jumping the curb.

It's an 04 36 volt PDS system with 22" tires and back seats, which controller set up do you recommend for running around the neighborhood and hauling fat guys and shooting gear around at the range? I've already ordered the HD springs to accomodate the fat guys.
Fat guys pkg #101

I like the 400amp controller and 4g cable set with a 200/800 amp solenoid kit for a neighborhood runabout. You will see about a 30% increase in torque and speed up to 25mph on 22" tires. I think you will be real pleased with it.

It is upgrade pkg #808 on the carts unlimited website. Here> http://cartsunlimited.net/Custom_Opt...oller_Packages
Old 05-08-2011, 09:18 PM   #14
s4f
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Fat guys pkg #101

I like the 400amp controller and 4g cable set with a 200/800 amp solenoid kit for a neighborhood runabout. You will see about a 30% increase in torque and speed up to 25mph on 22" tires. I think you will be real pleased with it.

It is upgrade pkg #808 on the carts unlimited website. Here> http://cartsunlimited.net/Custom_Opt...oller_Packages
You think that I'm kidding about that. We are the Fat Guy Shooting Team.

Will this set up also allow me to run around at less than full throttle speeds or is that just not in the picture for the PDS motor?
s4f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 09:39 PM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4f View Post
You think that I'm kidding about that. We are the Fat Guy Shooting Team.

Will this set up also allow me to run around at less than full throttle speeds or is that just not in the picture for the PDS motor?
This is the best control for that motor and your driving situation. The extra heat at partial throttle just comes with the PDS territory. You can run a half speed but you have to be aware of the heat factor if you want the motor to last. I am glad to see your tires are no bigger than 22", that will help.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:51 PM   #16
Penguin
Not Yet Wild

i have a friend with a similar problem he had the hill chip and it was stopping i guess due to thermal shut down (there is no hills where he lives ) so he removed the chip and it seems real weak and still stalls.. is there motor damage or controller damage??
Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO