lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-11-2011, 09:21 PM   #1
f150onfn33s
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default on board charger??????

hello bgw, fairly new to the on borad chager world. does anyone use or know anyone who is using the onboard solutions protech 3616c? it retails for around $380 but i found some on ebay for 150.. i need a charger bad since mine fell off my trailer the other day..and thinking about going this route.. anyhelp would be great before i make my purchase.
heres a link for it http://onboardsolutions.biz/files/pdf/OBS_ProTechC.pdf

Last edited by f150onfn33s; 05-11-2011 at 09:22 PM.. Reason: add link
f150onfn33s is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-11-2011, 10:36 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: on board charger??????

We use them with good results. I retail them for $299 with the AC receptacle.. The Units on eBay are refurbished. Also I sell a nice Mounting bracket for Ezgo. It mounts under the driver seat. PM me for a price or Ebay & make your own.
Either way they are a good charger.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4737.jpg (78.7 KB, 30 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 07:36 AM   #3
f150onfn33s
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
We use them with good results. I retail them for $299 with the AC receptacle.. The Units on eBay are refurbished. Also I sell a nice Mounting bracket for Ezgo. It mounts under the driver seat. PM me for a price or Ebay & make your own.
Either way they are a good charger.
Thanks Scotty, im glad to hear other people are using these chargers. i would definitly like to purchase one new from you at your price, but with money these days im going to have to take my chances with the refurbished one on ebay. I Appreciate the help and yes send me a message on the bracket and ac receptacle. Thanks again.

another question. what are yall dojng with the third wire that comes out the stock receptacle that hooks to the f/r switch?
Old 05-13-2011, 07:59 AM   #4
Hotcat
What in the?

E-Z-GO

The seller on ebay has great service, Ive had two chargers fail and he quickly sent me out a replacement with return shipping label for the defective unit. You are gonna need to put a fused jumper wire between the + post on the pack and F&R switch, or else the cart will not run.
Hotcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 08:19 AM   #5
OU4LIFE
Sooner Faithful

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcat View Post
The seller on ebay has great service, Ive had two chargers fail and he quickly sent me out a replacement with return shipping label for the defective unit. You are gonna need to put a fused jumper wire between the + post on the pack and F&R switch, or else the cart will not run.
May I ask why?
OU4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 08:39 AM   #6
Hotcat
What in the?

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by OU4LIFE View Post
May I ask why?

The first one, the fan quit, then it wouldn't power up. The second just quit charging. I'm still satisfied with the product and service I got from Chargerguysales, he stands by his products 100%.
Old 05-13-2011, 09:13 AM   #7
OU4LIFE
Sooner Faithful

E-Z-GO

clarification to my why: Why the wire from the pack to the f&r switch or it won't run.

I'm an idiot.
OU4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 02:32 PM   #8
Hotcat
What in the?

E-Z-GO

There is a read switch(inhibit switch) built into the receptacle that kills power to the F&R switch when the charger is turned on, so without the factory receptacle or power to the F&R switch the cart wont move.
Old 05-13-2011, 09:20 PM   #9
f150onfn33s
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcat View Post
There is a read switch(inhibit switch) built into the receptacle that kills power to the F&R switch when the charger is turned on, so without the factory receptacle or power to the F&R switch the cart wont move.
Thanks for the help hotcat.. i also bought mine from chargerguys..but noticed it was a 90day warranty. did yours fail before that? and how many amp inline fuse did you use? plan on reusing the existing wire just gonna add the fuse to it like you explained.
Old 05-14-2011, 07:07 AM   #10
Hotcat
What in the?

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by f150onfn33s View Post
Thanks for the help hotcat.. i also bought mine from chargerguys..but noticed it was a 90day warranty. did yours fail before that? and how many amp inline fuse did you use? plan on reusing the existing wire just gonna add the fuse to it like you explained.

The first one was in the 90 days but the second wasn't.

I used a 5A fuse because that's how its shown in the Alltrax controller diagram. The sealed fuse holder I used had wires long enough to reach between the batt + and F&R switch(10''), I just added an eyelet to one side and a spade terminal to the other. So no need to cut the factory charger wires, keep it intact and put it aside, you'd be surprised how much that stock receptacle assy. cost.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO