lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-14-2011, 11:06 PM   #11
frankowe
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: another problem?

it looks burnt up, it that something i could've done or can it be just from wear and tear, how did i possibly do that???
frankowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-14-2011, 11:38 PM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

There are 3 of those in the cart. 2 on the F&R and that one. They are super easy to burn up. They will handle 48v but they burn up at the first short.
So to answer your question, yes. Makes me wonder why the controller just quit? Maybe you had a short? Anyway check everything twice before you fire up the system.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 11:38 PM   #13
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Question Re: another problem?

Can you check the voltage in line to it and see if there is a over voltage problem? From the looks of it you have way more voltage running through it than it should have.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 09:26 AM   #14
frankowe
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

right at the green wire going into the switch the voltage was exactly the same as at b+, 50.4v ????? what could've happened???? i will be rechecking all connections before i install new switch, is there any ideas on what to look out for or what i can do to avoid more problems, from that switch it goes directly to small terminal at solenoid and 1st terminal at controller, could i possiby have bad diode or resistor??? those are the only two things i'm not sure how to test.
Old 05-15-2011, 09:40 AM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The diode will have continuity one way and no continuity the other way. Test it and swap the test leads and test again. If you have continuity both ways it is bad....
The resistor can't cause this problem. A short can. A dropped wrench can

Always disconnect power mains before any work around the controller/ solenoid.
Old 05-15-2011, 05:41 PM   #16
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Wink Re: another problem?

The wires coming out of the ITS box under the cart into the battery area. Look and make sure the wires are all good no rubbing that could cause them to short.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 05:46 PM   #17
frankowe
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

thanks andy, i pretty much checked every wire on actuation circuit to make sure no rubbed through wires, now the diode test's faulty if i'm testing it correctly, scotty says i should onlly have continuity one way, but my fluke shows continuity both ways, not sure how that is possible, just swapping leads from tester with show you that??? red-black, black-red, i didn't think that would matter??
Old 05-15-2011, 06:02 PM   #18
frankowe
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

so now i'm really stumped, so i took the diode off the original cart solenoid, that was working perfectly fine before i started with the upgrades, this diode does not show continuity either way????
Old 05-15-2011, 06:07 PM   #19
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I just check one of mine and it shows continuity one way, none the other way.
Old 05-15-2011, 06:08 PM   #20
frankowe
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

any idea of the part number for the diode i need for that 400 amp solenoid, i better just get a new one. i that resistor that came with the 400amp solenoid rated for 48v, or should i also just get a new resistor??? thanks again for the help scotty.

one other thing, diode showing continuity both ways??? wouldn't that damage solenoid and controller???? i'm grounding the red leads to both right??? could this diode be the cause of all my recent issues???
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO