lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-15-2011, 01:12 PM   #1
dgjmis5
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 97 TXT with DCS controller question

Purchased cart at a steal for a project. Controller removed during rewiring project. Controller has loose parts when lightly shaken (box of marbles). I assume this is the reason that cart will not run. Previous owner stated that it was running and just came to a stop.

My research has revealed that the EZGO part number may be 73144G06. Due to the high cost of this part I am considering replacing with Alltrax DCX300.

Can someone recommend the correct Alltrax model that would replace the EZGO. Also any tips on performing the install are appreciated.

EZGO TXT L1597 model DCS sepex accoring to all research I have done (looking at the guides and parts images)
dgjmis5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-15-2011, 01:51 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 97 TXT with DCS controller question

That is the absolute bottom of the Alltrax product line. It is suitable for a golfing cart.
It is not suitable for a golf cart used off of the golf course or a modified cart .... Carts with bigger tires or extra seating or used in hilly areas will fail to operate reliably with that controller. The same can be said for the NPX line up.

The DCX controllers from Allltrax are the correct line up for your cart. You will need to upgrade your solenoid and cables with any controller bigger than the 300 amp unit you mentioned.

Hope this helps.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 12:04 PM   #3
dgjmis5
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

If I order and install the DCX300, do I still need to install the resistor chip that was mounted below the solenoid? I wasn't sure if that is included inside the dcx300 or if it is compatible.

I don't want to blow up a new controller.
dgjmis5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:29 PM   #4
eadavis
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

If I were you I would go with Scottys recommendation on a 400amp controller for your cart and if you will talk to him he really knows his stuff he can even provide you with every part you need to fix your cart he is a site sponser and an awesome contribitor of knowledge and I am sure its not much more money to get what the 400amp controller that will last you for a years to come and get the most out of your cart
eadavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO