lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-29-2011, 03:30 PM   #1
SKUNKVILLE SCOOTER
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Fuzzy math ~ 8x6 or 6x8

Since I'm go'na need batteries and cables for my '89 Marathon, (just to see if it runs), I was thinking I might just up the voltage from 36 to 48, but how best is this accomplished..? Should I just replace the six original batteries with 8 volts or is there enough room to put eight 6 volt batteries on board.

I found a battery comparison here somewhere and it looks like the 6 volt batteries have more reserve than the 8 volts and since I don't play Golf I figured the Bag Area could be utilized if necessary.

But again I KNOW NOTHING and would appreciate any thoughts on this idea I was hatching...

Thanks.
Danny
aka: SKUNKVILLE SCOOTER
SKUNKVILLE SCOOTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-29-2011, 09:21 PM   #2
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

Default Re: Fuzzy math ~ 8x6 or 6x8

you kno to go 48 you need a new controller and solenoid.

If it were mine, i would just go with the 6-6v to see if it ran. if it runs good, than upgrade with 2 more 6v and controller/solenoid.

48v on stock 36v controller will run real fast and die quicker.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 09:57 PM   #3
SKUNKVILLE SCOOTER
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Fuzzy math ~ 8x6 or 6x8

Hey Courtesycart,

I did NOT know I that, but it makes perfect sense to me. It did dawn on me that I would need a different charger, but know nothing about Controllers or Solenoids.
I read something about coils or resistors. But have NO WORKING KNOWLEDGE of Golf Cart Electrics or the technical terms. Madoc1 said he would send me a manual, but I think I will need a Glossary of Terms too...

I will follow your suggestion to get the 6 volt batteries and see what happens after that.

Thanks again for your advise.
Danny
SKUNKVILLE SCOOTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO