lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-30-2011, 12:32 PM   #1
nbisesi
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Information on Lift kits

I am new at this so here it is goes. I just bought a 06 EZGO TXT 36volt. I would like to put a lift kit on it for use at the hunting lease and around the house. I have been reading all about different kinds of lift (suspension, long travel, etc...). What should I use? I would like something in the 8" lift range.
nbisesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-30-2011, 02:58 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Information on Lift kits

welcome, check with site sponsers prices can,t be beat and service way above the rest.....................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:35 PM   #3
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

if you want 8" than long travel is your only option as far as bolt on.

you can modify the 6" lifts to get more lift.

also note, bigger lifts require bigger tires, which inturns pulls harder on your controller/motor.

What r you planning on running?
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:25 AM   #4
nbisesi
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

You know that is a good question. Talking with some friends who have been messing around with the carts for a few years now they were telling me to look at using 21" tires. Does that sound right?

I also never thought about the pull on the motor. That is something I need to think about.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:25 AM   #5
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Welcome to BGW!!
Your cart comes stock with 18" tires so 21" tires might not be worth the expense of changing, and with a 8" lift would look like the monkey on a football.
A basic economy 4" lift will clear 22" tires and you might be able to get away with just a 4ga cable upgrade but I'll let the electric guys take ya down that road.
Either way you go, a $100.00 winch is still the best money spent if going in the woods, regardless of tire size!
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:23 PM   #6
nbisesi
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Smile Re: Information on Lift kits

I like that idea of the $100 winch. I think I see what you'll are talking about now. I definitely think an 8" lift is not the way to go with what I am looking for. It sounds like a 4" lift with some knobby 21" tires and I should be able to get through some light woods to sneak up on the deer. Thanks Yall.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:05 PM   #7
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Check around, there are some good deals on "combo" packages that have the lift, tires and rims.
All worked out for you so you know it will fit.
This is a 4" and 5" lift with 22" tires, it is about the norm for general use, any higher and you should consider wheel spacers.

And the winch? No matter how radical you go,
It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and..............

Old 05-31-2011, 04:16 PM   #8
nbisesi
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

That is exactly what I am going for. I will definitely shop around. I have already Camo wrapped it so the new height and tires should do the trick. The last picture of the cart stuck in the mud.....I am assuming that is gas powered? But I definitely get the point of a winch. I have one on my old four wheeler that I am planning on modifing and using. Thanks again for the information. I am going to post some pics once I am complete.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:23 PM   #9
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Post them as you go!! What it looks like now, as you are making changes and upgrades, when you get in the woods for a test run.

We like pictures.

The last one is my Yamazuki, Yamaha cart on a stretched Suzuki 4X4 ATV
Old 05-31-2011, 04:29 PM   #10
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Start with your lift and tires, you will like the difference. Definitely go with the 4 gauge cables it will be better for the controller. Somewhere down the road you may even want to upgrade the controller motor combination.

Where is your fnr switch, is it on the dash or by your leg?
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO