lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-14-2011, 02:43 AM   #1
Eric L
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Thank You BGW

This is my first post even though I have been BGW member since 09'.I want to thank every forum member...some for answering questions and the rest for asking them.I silently sat back and read post after post learning more after every log on.My sickness started with a 86 Marathon toaster cart needing only batteries.I got a set,put them aside and went to work cutting/welding to mod to solid state.I lifted cart, added aluminum wheels with 22's.PB6 and stock Curtis 275 it ran ok.After a few months I had an electronics repair buddy beef up the controller.I then moved to 48v.
Please understand Im condensing nearly 2 years of upgrades here,there were many other things not mentioned, and all was great...until after thinking I had smoked my controller trying to put the smackdown on a rather ugly mound of dirt. I Called Scotty B and now with the help of Carts Unlimited and PQ I have carpal tunnel from gripping the wheel and sore face muscles from the permanent ear to ear grin. Under Scotty B's direction I went with a 700A FSIP and he got the Steens to build me a midrange Assassin.I couldnt be happier....unless it started raining disc brake kits.And like you said Scotty my buddies CC is eating EZGO dust...thanks again.
Eric L is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-14-2011, 06:42 AM   #2
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Thank You BGW

that's a great story and welcome. you should know by now that you have to post pics!
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:21 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Hey Eric! I was just wondering what the results of that upgrade Pkg was .... Thanks for letting us know.

Any idea what MPH that thing will do?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:29 AM   #4
TerryH
Let's go racin' boyz!!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric L View Post
This is my first post even though I have been BGW member since 09'.I want to thank every forum member...some for answering questions and the rest for asking them.I silently sat back and read post after post learning more after every log on.My sickness started with a 86 Marathon toaster cart needing only batteries.I got a set,put them aside and went to work cutting/welding to mod to solid state.I lifted cart, added aluminum wheels with 22's.PB6 and stock Curtis 275 it ran ok.After a few months I had an electronics repair buddy beef up the controller.I then moved to 48v.
Please understand Im condensing nearly 2 years of upgrades here,there were many other things not mentioned, and all was great...until after thinking I had smoked my controller trying to put the smackdown on a rather ugly mound of dirt. I Called Scotty B and now with the help of Carts Unlimited and PQ I have carpal tunnel from gripping the wheel and sore face muscles from the permanent ear to ear grin. Under Scotty B's direction I went with a 700A FSIP and he got the Steens to build me a midrange Assassin.I couldnt be happier....unless it started raining disc brake kits.And like you said Scotty my buddies CC is eating EZGO dust...thanks again.
Cool story BUT.........

TerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:13 PM   #5
Eric L
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the welcome.And yeah know all that is nothing without pics.All I have taken along the way is horrible quality cell phone photos but I will get something up.Yep Scotty I GPS'd a solid 30 MPH with me and my dad on the cart and alone 32 on flat ground.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:52 AM   #6
ChevyRacing75
Maybe This Weekend :)

Club Car

start posting man. Im sure you see the crud I post any post is better then no post
ChevyRacing75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 08:14 AM   #7
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

this is what its all about.................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:21 AM   #8
Eric L
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the interest in 1 of the most boring threads I've ever read here,long days have kept me from my pc.I will try n hit a few high spots with pics.Few of the cart,couple of my rear battery rack and controller mount.and some pics of friend n familys rides.Hope you enjoy um...if this works.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo0330.jpg (130.4 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Photo0062.jpg (67.7 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Photo0237.jpg (87.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Photo0268.jpg (114.8 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Photo0269.jpg (56.6 KB, 14 views)
Old 06-16-2011, 01:40 AM   #9
Eric L
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Black CC has BU torque/speed kit 700A AXE is sweet awesome torque 25+ mph with 23's . Camo EZGO does wheel stands...dead stop n stick it wheels 3 foot n air b4 u blink AXE 500 and a D&D 25" tires.Camo CC is brothers still a work in progress he has a massaged curtis and stock motor with 24's
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo0325.jpg (129.8 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Photo0326.jpg (172.6 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Photo0218.jpg (198.0 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Photo0155.jpg (301.0 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Photo0154.jpg (309.7 KB, 11 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO