lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-23-2011, 05:42 PM   #1
Macdaddy
Not Yet Wild

Default Help with cart selection

Cart selection help
I'm looking for a cart and would like some advice from folks with more experience than me. One particular question is electric vs. Gas. Here's the use: My dad has a place in the NC mountains. Typical riding will be 2-4 people, probably a couple of miles at a time. The house is at the top of a 4 mile long dead end paved road and if you go all the way down it's about a 2000 foot drop in elevation over that 4 miles. The terrain around the house is pretty rough, so I'd want the cart lifted with aggressive tires. The cart might be used daily for a week, then sit for a month. On a day with lots of family, it could be ridden much of the day.

I'd prefer a used cart, maybe in the $3000 to $4500 range. I've been reading up and talking to folks about torque, speed, controllers, etc. But this is new to me and the basic first question to answer seems to be electric or gas, then on to the finer details.

Your thoughts are much appreciated. Oh, I did't see a general forum here for this question, so if this was a bad location to post by all means redirect me - I am at least coachable!

Joe
Macdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-23-2011, 08:31 PM   #2
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Wink Re: Help with cart selection

Hello Joe. Welcome to the board.

For what you have described I would go Gas with out a doubt!
I'm a electric man myself but for the use it will see the gas is the best bet for the money.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO